Thursday, January 26, 2006

Yeah! Our Ralphy Bucks Came Today!

What a nice surprise to find $1600 in my mailbox this afternoon! I'd heard that they were going to tax the boy's cheques but apparently they didn't. We didn't make any big plans for the $ except to go towards our holiday so hopefully that'll cover the car rental, insurance and gas. Aaron's hoping to rent an SUV, he's still bitter about me picking the Windstar over the SUV. Men don't get over stuff like that too easy do they?
Today was a very busy day with all seven of the kids...complete chaos at times but for the most part it was managable. I'm sure I'll appreciate my Friday night pick up time by the time it rolls around. Heather has graciously volunteered to watch my boys tomorrow night so I can pick up some more candles for everyone. I'll be shopping for H, myself, Mom and Leanne, which means it could easily turn into a couple hundred bucks in Partylite.
The boys and I are planning a trip to Alix to visit Tina, Steve and their three girls. I think we haven't seen each other since they babysat for us in August for one of the weddings we went to, so we're long overdue! I think any other time we've tried to hook up my kids have been sick or we've been away when they've come to the big city. Aaron's got a guys' night with Phil after work on Saturday to go to a hockey game.
Aaron also met Joey's teacher this morning for parent-teacher interviews and got a glowing report about our Joey. Apparently his speech is coming along really well and he's quite the social butterfly. We've got a few goals to work on until June and I think we'll be able to meet them. So far Joey's met and passed all of the goals set for January. We've enrolled him for Kindergarten at Providence so he'll get the same door-to-door bus ride which he seems to enjoy. Providence is in the process of finding a facility in the deep south for all of the kids in our area. That would be nice for Joey to not have such a long bus ride!

3 comments:

New MrsIngram said...

Exactly what is Ralphy Bucks and hey where are mine?

Lesley said...

Ralphy bucks are also known as the it's great to be an albertan bucks. They're actually called Prosperity cheques which were our premier's idea (Ralph Klein). All Albertans received them, and from what I know of it we're supposed to get them every year now. I think it's money from our heritage fund, and because we don't have a deficit as a province why not let the little people like us have a wee piece of the pie? I'm okay with that! Now there's a whole bunch of promos at stores that if you cash your cheque there they'll give you an extra hundred in store credit, I think the Brick said they'd double it if you spend $2000 at there store. It's insane!

Brenda said...

Look not only can I blog now, I know how to post a comment. Thanks for the complements on the new digs. The only thing I asked for was the pantry and its great.
Enjoy your Ralphy bucks, not much luck us getting any Dalton bucks.
Nice to hear you'll spend it wisely.