Friday, January 27, 2006

Sorry it took so long Mom!


Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
Well my scanner is having a few issues today so I didn't even attempt to do the suckers. The top two cards are the Valentines ones for the teachers and friends. The first one was the rubber cement on glossy paper technique and the second is kind of scrapbookish with some dimensional dots under the hearts and crinkled paper.  The bottom two cards are from class. You can't buy the love definition stamp that size anymore but there is a set of four small definitions which would probably work the same and are going on my wish list.  You can't really tell but the heart has glitter fused on with the heat & stick glue.  The second card is the scratch and sniff lemonade card/pocket. If you lift the flap up there's a package of lemonade tucked inside. Apparently you can do it with cocoa too. 



Some people just have too much time on their hands don't they?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to learn!

I've got to many hobbies as it is, I guess, with reading, cross stitching, gardening, cooking, writing, and then the house renovations (if you can call that a hobby), I guess I've already got too much to do and not enough time to do it all. But I love crafts so much and your Christmas cards were beautiful. Maybe I will take a local class and see how I like it.

A guy at work told me his wife spends a ton of money making cards. Is it really expensive to buy the supplies?

Lesley said...

It is kind of pricey to get started but I have learned that if you think you're going to do it for a long time then you're better off buying the starter kit. I go to a 10 month class of 10 ladies so we each take a turn being hostess and getting the benefits and we learn 3 different techniques at each class. We don't pay for the class but have a $22.50 minimum for buying supplies each month. Sometimes I only spend $30 and sometimes (most of the time) it's closer to $100. But now that I've got a lot of the tools I'm just going to build on my actual stamp collection.

Anonymous said...

It really sounds like fun. Do you guys have a catalogue that you buy from at these parties? Maybe I could start them down here.

Lesley said...

There is an actual Stampin Up catalogue which you can buy. They've got all of their supplies and stamp sets plus examples, I also just found out about another website when avid stampers like myself can scan and post their cards they've made with Stampin Up stamps...the possibilities are endless. My girlfriend Christine is a Stampin Up rep. and teaches the 10-10 class so that's how I joined the 'cult' as Aaron calls it. Go to Stampinup.com and check it out, ebay has a lot of their stuff too!

Anonymous said...

I was looking through the catalogue and there is one thing I am wondering about. Some of the stamped images end up being all different colors.Are some of them painted after being stamped (as opposed to using a certain color ink pad and the entire thing being one color)? And what did you use on the first card to make the white sorta swirls?