Sunday, January 22, 2006

We finally broke in the tobboggans!


Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket



Finally!  We got an inch or two of snow Friday and it was +6 out today so we decided to take advantage of the snow before it all melts.  Tomorrow is supposed to be +8 so I don't think the snow will be here for too long. 



The boys really enjoyed their tobboggans and after a few rides down they were ready to try it on their own.  Of course Aaron and I would have to walk down still to help them bring their sled back up. 



We have a man-made tobboggan hill in our neighbourhood so now that the kids are old enough I think we'll have to visit it more often,  I think we've only been twice this year.



On another note, I've been working on a little project trying to research the local dayhome rates just to see if I'm still in the right price range.  Well I was in for a HUGE surprise!  Apparently the going rate is now $800/month.  Can you believe that?  When I started my dayhome two years ago it was $500-$600 so I thought $550 was good....well...now what do I do?  A $250 price increase isn't very fair to the parents but then I don't want to be selling myself short either...something to think about...

4 comments:

New MrsIngram said...

Eww tough call on the price increase, especially when I'm on the other side. One thing though is I thought childcare was way more expensive down your way and I pay here $25/day for Joeye, where a daycare would have cost me $30. How much is it for daycare down there?

New MrsIngram said...

Hey I wasn't done and it published it .. as I was saying. You should definetly increase it some, maybe not all the one all at once, but you should definetly increase your rates a little to get them closer to the average. How often do you increase your rates?

Lesley said...

Well I've never increased my rates so I suppose I am overdue and a daycare in my neighbourhood is $900 a month which isn't bad considering a daycare downtown is $1200. Isn't that crazy?!? Although I also charge $30/day for extra days for my part-time girl which I thought was average but maybe she's getting a deal after all..There is only one actual daycare close to us which is always full so maybe that's what I should be looking into, the thought has crossed my mind many times. But then again, that's a long-term commitment and I don't think I could do child-care for the long-haul.

Brenda said...

You can always have some of our snow.