Sunday, December 31, 2006
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
Thursday, December 28, 2006
So, Aaron's answer is to get bunk beds for the boys and move them into Alex's room. Talk about giving a mom nightmares!!! I checked out the bunk beds at IKEA today and the top bunk has a full railing and is about 5 feet high. I can see onto the top bunk without being on my tippytoes and I'm 5'6". I think the boys are too young 5 and 3 1/2 but if they'll sleep better than maybe it's worth a shot. Joseph was out of his crib and into a mates bed (the kind with the drawers underneath) when he was 14 months old and Alex switched from his crib to his race car bed when he was 10 months old.
The boys rooms' just got makeovers at Easter time but luckily they're Spiderman and Batman so we could incorporate everything into a superhero theme...but I'm not sure I'm ready for BUNK BEDS!!!
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Joseph and Mr. Potato Head
A sleepy Jonathan (and camera happy Auntie)
Jonathan partaking in some Tummy Time
Alex "The Ninja" Beck
This is Aaron after a SourPuss shooter Christmas Day after our big turkey dinner. I bought him Drinko, similar to Plinko from Price is Right but with shooters instead of cash. Lots of fun!
Aaron, Dad and Jeff partaking in refreshments throughout Christmas Day...
Yep! Those are panties, Aaron bought me some nice LaSenza pajamas and underneath I found 12 pairs of assorted undies,Aaron said he had nothing to do with the selection. 'It just seems wrong to dig through a bin of women's underwear in the middle of a store.' was his excuse, and honestly I agree. With the holidays coming they seemed to just forget about laying stuff out on the tables and resorted to throwing everything in bins on tables...how classy do we look digging through looking for THE perfect pair of undies?!
Alex trying out his new Superman costume from cousin Easton. Joseph got a matching one and they are awesome!
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
1 Toilet paper - no name, single ply should be banned from all public washrooms!
2 Makeup - I've recently discovered that the more expensive brand name stuff actually looks better and lasts longer...no more wet 'n wild for this girl, lol!
3 Skin care - since switching to the Usana stuff I've noticed my skin doesn't get as dry and I rarely have breakouts
4 Books - I have a library card and I know how to use it. I love to read and have often shared books with friends and family. I also buy lots of books at the second hand stores for 50 cents each bersus $10.99 cover price
5Haircuts - I generally just get a trim so a basic Ultracut will do. With salon shampoo/conditioner and a trim last month the grand total was $34.76
6 Ketchup - Heinz, there is no other kinds!
7 Diapers -that's a toughy! They all work basically the same but I find if you start out with the brand name ones then it's hard to switch to the cheaper ones. I always used both and would mix them up. For every 3 or 4 costco diaper I'd 'reward' myself with a Huggies one. I know it's really silly but whatever...both boys are out of diapers now!
8 Baking ingredients - I figure if they're all being mixed together then who'll know the difference. Butterscotch chipits are the exception to this rule!
9 Kitty litter - for the job it does, I'll pay the extra couple dollars for the super odour absorbing scoopable stuff!
10 Candles - I love to burn candles and I love Partylite!
11 Perfume - Thanks to Dad I'm well stocked with designer frangrances. Exclamation, Tribe andNavy are a little too overpowering I think. I'd rather have a few good ones that I use than a ton of so-so ones that just take up space in the cubby. White Diamonds made my wish list this year.
12 Pictures -we've had pictures done at Sears and WalMart. Although Wallyworld gives the best package price the colour just isn't very intense. So, we keep going back to the mid-range Sears. We've yet to go to a fancy studio yet. For the amount of pics we send out at Easter and Christmas I don't think we could afford their rates.
13 Recreational stuff -we have a family membership at the Leisure Centre and have done dance classes for Aaron and I , skating and swimming lessons for the boys. We'd rather the boys do stuff then watch TV so once they show the interest we just have to follow through. Although it seems to be more of a scheduling problem versus expense. They just don't offer enough evening classes during the week.
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
The panties were hilarious, the sashes were awesome, the stripper was 'entertaining' especially his chandelier obsession. Riding the bus to the bar was a twice in a lifetime experience (so far) and then doing our rendition of Sweet Caroline, does it get any better than that? I don't think so!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
I will try not to make multiple comments! I don't know what the heck I was doing wrong so I'll just blame the beta blogger, lol.
Welcome to the blogs Heidi, so are you my Edmonton reader? I've got some nice pics of you from the stagette to post, nothing racy...just the g-string!
Monday, December 18, 2006
Sunday, December 17, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I've been trying to post pics of Jonathan and a cute video for about 90 minutes and have just about given up. Apparently Photobucket and Beta Blogger are not compatible, or to me they're not...So, hopefully there will be a show of Jonathan pics at the top of the blog (fingers crossed) and some tunes for you guys. Sometimes the blog is so frustrating!
On the upside, Jonathan is an angel! Such a beautiful baby (Auntie's eyebrows remember) . Can't wait for everyone else to meet him too!
Jonathan Robert Angus was born at 9:24 AM . 7 pounds 6 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long. I talked to Heather and Jeff, she sounds good will have pictures later tonight. I may have to wait for Aaron to be home so I can leave the boys home. Heather had a lonnnnng labour and sounded tired so I think the boys may be a bit much.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
I've been checking my analytics, because I'm a geek, and have found regular visitors and I'm not sure who you guys are. Help me out here, fellow blogger or friends/family who just never have anything to say. Hard to believe in our family, I know!
Regardless of whom you are, hope you're enjoying the blog!
Friday, December 15, 2006
- I'm 28 and I still talk to my Mom everyday.
- I love cheerleading, movies, competitions...you name it and I'm watching it. Bring it!
- I can remember every phone number I've ever had...544-3359, 478-9891, 436-4864, 545-9615 and 545-9617, 235-4847.
- I love candles! I won't spend $100 on a pair of jeans but I have no problem spending $10 on a box of tealights that will only burn for 5 hours.
- I love to host theme parties, decorations, food, games. Planning parties is an addiction for me I think
- I can remember when/where I heard a song for the first time. Ice Ice Baby - Diane DesRoches birthday party in PEI, Hollaback Girl - Jeff and Megan's wedding, I Hope You Dance - Albert Park School gymnasium with the K kids dancing to it, you name a song and I can tell you when/where
Thanks Jenn for the tag! It was pretty easy to come up with some weird stuff about me. I'll be tagging:
Thursday, December 14, 2006
- people who cannot use a traffic circle correctly, we have 2 traffic circles in our neighbourhood and people just don't get it
- anything to do with Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolko, I'm still annoyed that Donna from That 70s Show portrayed Karla in the movie they were making
- caterpillar eyebrows, I'm definitely an eyebrow person
- arriving on time for an appointment just to wait an hour
- I still cry every time I hear Chasing Cars from Jeff's funeral, even if I'm really happy
- nosy people that give me dirty looks when my children are not cooperating when we're out shopping. I don't give in to the tantrum, much to everyone else's chagrin. More likely, I'll leave the store with a crying child
- muffin top/camel toe , they speak for themselves
- phony people, I'm pretty much a what you see is what you get kind of girl
- Francesca the psychic childcare operator and all the ladies like her...tylenol is not a nightcap!
- that people who are able to give to those who are needy, choose not to. Not everyone chooses to be homeless. We are not rich by any standards but we try to help out where we can, whether it's a monetary donation to the SA or household items/clothes to a family at our church
- persons who abuse their position of power, whether it's a priest or a coach or just your average Joe. Kids are impressionable, let's not help them lose their innocence any faster
- the age of consent is being lowered to 12....12!?! that's just unreal!
- that I don't volunteer at Joseph's school, Aaron does but I always thought I would be the one to help out in the classroom. Aaron has weekdays off though so it works out that way and I do the evening appointments, classes and seminars. I suppose it still counts but I don't get to see Joseph interacting with his peers.
Phew! I feel better for letting loose tonight! I think I was having a touch of the bah humbugs today after a shopping trip to wallyworld. I'm sure I'll be back on track tomorrow which will feature 6 Weird Things About Me... can it only be 6 things?! LOL!