Thursday, January 19, 2006

I think I'm losing the battle with the terrible 2s!

I don't remember Joey going through this phase but then again I was pre-occupied with a newborn at the same time.
This morning while the kids and I were counting out their three fig newtons Alex looked up at me and says Mommy, I want 9 please! So, I thanked him for saying please but explained that they have a 3 newton limit because along with their little cup of applesauce they'd be too full for more cookies. Wellllllllllll, that was the wrong thing to say because he started shrieking I want 9 cookies and he kept counting to 9 in a very loud almost screaming loud voice. But, I wasn't going to give in to him (or so I thought). The minute I had my back turned on him he collected 6 other newtons from his friends and when I caught him afterwards with all of these newtons he quickly licked them all and said I told you 9 Mommy.
This sounds totally like something Heather would teach him! Maybe not purposefully but he picked it up from someone!
And the bullying...I'm just glad Uncle Henry has a tough little Madison because it sounds like her and Alex could very well be two peas in a pod!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If a kid Alex's age knows how to count 9 cookies, he deserves to have them. So, Mom, what did you do with the "licked" cookies?

Lesley said...

I let him eat them of course! Although I did spread them out between morning snack, lunchtime, and afternoon snack.

Anonymous said...

it could have been MUUUCCCHHH worse...
you arent going shopping for a new tv after he took a little hammer to the screen like Jeff's youngest nephew did....right?!?!...and Anutie didnt teach him the lick the newton thing...it sounds more like a Pappa thing...

H

Anonymous said...

I agree with H, that licking the cookies thing sounds like a man's trick. And, yes, it could be much worse. I have a friend with three small ones and it would take me hours to tell you about all their tantrums and such. Lets just say, you have really good kids, terrible 2's and all. Besides, you have to admit, licking the cookies was a really clever thing to do for a such a little guy...lol.