Wednesday, January 25, 2006

We've just about made it through 'hump day'!

I've successfully finished my cold and passed it on to Aaron and the boys are starting to get runny noses so I'm sure they'll be next.
I feel like I have a million things to do and in a short period of time but that's the chaos I'm good at...Valentine's Day isn't too far away and before it hits I have to make 8 fancy cards for Joey's teachers/helpers, 17 cute cards for Joey's classmates and 10 cute cards for the dayhome kids from Joey and Alex, and then cards for their cousins and friends...that's not even broaching the Valentine's crafts which I do with the dayhome kids. I haven't even planned those yet and one of the providers in our dayhome registry wants to swap ideas next week, so I better get my butt in gear!
Today we hit plus 13 in the afternoon so we played outside for most of it, I'm hoping that the fresh air will help put the kids to sleep faster. I can dream can't I? Tomorrow and Friday there's no school so I'll have Joey and Danny all day, and it's only supposed to be plus 4. I guess it could be a heck of a lot colder, all of our backyard snow has melted now and there's no snow in the 7-day forecast so I'll be putting the tobbogans away for now.
Aaron's working prayers Friday night and works this weekend so I won't be going to Carrie's Partylite cash and carry 1/2 price sale. Sorry Mom and Heather but I can't see myself bringing the boys with me, not if I want to be invited again next year that is. But Aaron's an optimist and said 'just look at how much money you've just saved?' Well, where's the fun in that Aaron? My candle collection's running low, only about 12 dozen tealights left, and I wanted to pick up some cheap gifts to go with the teachers chocolate hearts. Might just have to do Starbucks certificates.

No comments: