Monday, January 16, 2006

Another milestone for Joey, another gray hair for Mommy...


Here is Joey's first picture of him without his front tooth! At about 4:55 this afternoon (right before my dayhome pickup time) Alexander decided to knock out Joey's tooth!
OH MY GOD! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?!? Is exactly what I was thinking...
It wasn't a simple knockout, the root was jaggedly broken off and then Joey split his lip during the whole experience. So, I phoned the dentist and my friend Jacquie from next door so I could drop off Alex because Aaron was still about 30-40 minutes from being home, and off to the dentist (yes, the Doogie Howser dentist) we go.
So, a quick extract of the root and xray to confirm it was all out and we were on our way home.
This is not how I planned my Monday to turn out! Now I just have to convince Aaron that Joey doesn't need a crisp $100 under his pillow...

 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Poor Joey!
Doesn't seem to have dampened his spirit much. And Alex looks like such a little angel too, go figure.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor boy! Well, it could have been worse. At least it was still his baby tooth and not an adult tooth, then it would have been a really big problem. Trust me, I know cause I lived it. I still don't have any front teeth, just a gap. $100 under his pillow?...all I got was a dollar! I think I need a new tooth fairy.

Anonymous said...

Me and Les were happy with a dixie cup with the top folded over with a hand full of pocket change inside...a few quarters, dimes and nickles...i dont think the tooth fairy ever left pennies....

H