Sunday, March 11, 2007

Yep, there's no denying it, I'm no longer 18 years old

and my body doesn't recover from a night of hard drinking and dancing like it used to.

So, last night was the Great Dames night with Leanne and her girlfriends. It's a fundraiser by the Canadian Danish Club to help raise money for abused women. Very good cause and very successful!


The food was so-so but the atmosphere sure made up for it. The girls and I danced and sang along with every song the DJ played. It was to the point that my feet were bleeding from where I had made blisters in my hot high heels. (Good thing I always carry clear bandaids for just such an occasion) I think by the time I got home and into bed it was just about 3...I still haven't figured out if that was with or without the time change difference.

And like the Supermom that I am, I still managed to get up with my boys this morning and take them to the zoo with Heather and Jonathan, and go for ice cream and clean house...

Can't wait for next year's gala!

No comments: