Friday, March 09, 2007

Someone finally realized the important things in life are free!

Although I won't go into details about it, that statement and phone call that delivered it sure made my day!

Our babysitter last night was fab! The boys loved her, we loved her it totally seemed like a win-win for everyone. The sitter even said we could call her again, lol! There seems to be a huge shortage of trusty teens for sitting in this area. I found our 'gem' online through a canadian sitter website. I paid almost $40 for 3 months access to this list of sitters. I posted a general ad and had some real 'winners' call me back. (shudder shudder). One conversation went like this:
Me: Hello
Girl X: Hey, like, how's it goin man?
Me: Pardon?
Girl X: Like hey did you post an ad for a sitter.
Me: Yes, I did, are you interested?
Girl X: Well, yeah, that's why I'm callin'. So, like what's the deal?
Me: This is a phone interview. Tell me about yourself and then I'll tell about the kids.
Girl X: Well, I'm like 6 months pregnant and got fired from my last job and I totally need the cash, man.
***At this point I had visions of my household possessions being carted off to a moving van and my children held for ransom***
Me: Oh, I'm really looking for someone who's interested in being an active part of my children's activities and I would hate for you to strain yourself trying to keep up. Good luck though!
Girl X: So, did I like not get the job?
So, finding a good babysitter has been somewhat stressful for us. We had another girl who was awesome but she moved back to Dartmouth.

Jonathan had his shots today and howled and howled and then Heather and Jeff got their shots updated and I'm sure they howled too, just kidding. The little pickle has gained 4 pounds already! He's obviously trying to catch up to his cousins. The forecast for Sunday is +19 so Heather and Jonathan and I are going to take my boys to the zoo. Guess we'll test Jonathan's sense of smell...ugh, I hate going into the enclosed areas. Love the animals - hate the smell. Going into the elephant exhibit actually made me throw up in the early stages of pregnancy with Alex. (shudder shudder)

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm attending the Great Danes dinner/silent auction fundraiser tomorrow night. Maybe I'll get some good pics of Leanne and I watching the strippers...just kidding Aaron...maybe

No comments: