Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's All About Alex

Well, today poor Alex had a meltdown. It was actually pretty cute. He was washing dishes with me and got water all over his shirt so I ran upstairs to get him a new shirt. And it was one of Joseph's hand-me-downs...that's where it all began. Alex totally freaked out, he said "That's Joey's, I can't wear Joey's, Joey's going to yell at me..." and it went on and on and on. I tried to explain it to him that Joseph was too big for his skater shirt but it's just the right size for Alex to wear...it was just not happening! In the end, he put it on under protest and when Joseph came home from school he had to hide so Joseph wouldn't see he was wearing his old shirt. It was funny! I didn't realize until now that Alex never knew that a lot of his wardrobe came from his big brother originally?!

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Alex, I understand your pain! I too had to live with hand me downs! If I was lucky, I got stuff from Sharon...who is a different body type than me and I couldn't fit a lot of her stuff. If I wasn't lucky...I got to wear my brother's old clothes! Maybe that's where I started wearing 'comfortable' shoes!