Monday, March 05, 2007

Happy Monday!

More like "Thank goodness Monday is almost finally over". Why do Mondays seem to drag by so slowly? I think for me personally it's because it is the only day of the week that I have all of my dayhome kids. A lot of them are part timers so Mondays are a bit hectic...and throw in the fact that I'm potty training this week and it was a crazy day. Mostly dry - yeah!
It was very saddening to talk to H and Mom today. It's always sad when you lose a pet, and for all you pet owners out there I'm sure you can attest to how they're more a member of the family than just a 'pet'. When Dad's been overseas all these years and Heather and I had already moved out, I was so thankful that Mom had Chow and Cody with her. They kept her company and made sure she got her exercise with running Cody and giving Chow her belly rubs. She'll definitely be missed!

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Chow was a big help while Dad was away...I'm glad he was here for her & me this past weekend. Now to keep Cody grounded...lots of ball tosses in her future. She is wanting out the back fence for some big runs, but there's way too much snow. Maybe if we get another Chinook or 2 or 3...

Love Mom

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry about your pet dying. Darryl and I were talking the other day that one day when one of our pets die it will be horrible. It will be the first time it happens to us as adults.

Jenn

Tracy said...

I am so sad now! I hate hearing of someone's pet moving onto the next life! :(
Glad you have so many fond memories though! That makes it a little easier!