Saturday, December 17, 2005

Only one more week before Christmas holidays!

The countdown is finally on! Only five more days with the dayhome kids until January! That noise you hear is me screaming hallelujah! Our Christmas party will be Thursday afternoon, and I believe I only have Aislynn and maybe Danny on Friday which will be a nice quietish day...until Nannie and Papa come that is!
We had the Carriere's over for some Christmas cheer and leftover snacks! I had the brilliant idea to make popcorn, divy it into three bowls for the Brooklyn, Joey and Alex and let them watch a movie in the playroom......well in about ten minutes there was a blanket of popcorn throughout the playroom. What do you do though? The grownups were trying to play cannasta and have some visiting time, so what's a little popcorn. That's what I keep telling Aaron anyways.
Saturday is our last formal Christmas party, so, it'll be another chaotic day of trying to fit in a manicure/pedicure, updo, little bit of shopping, picking up the sitter, dressing.. while Aaron's working. He'll have enough time to breeze in, have a shower, dress and run out the front door while I have the pleasure of last minute instructions to the $9/hour babysitter. Are we supposed to pick the sitter up a little token Christmas gift too?
Oh and Jenny, Auntie Brenda or Nannie sent out an email for the Sacred Heart Memorial 7 Day Soup Diet about a month ago. Apparently Auntie Brenda did it and lost quite a few pounds...even though it's only 7 days I can't seem to do it. If you google the diet I'm sure you'll find the recipe, the soups actually pretty tasty too, kind of a minestrone minus the pasta shells.
Will have pictures from tomorrow's shindig later this weekend...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should sugggest a soup diet, cause I just attempted a similar one about a week ago. I dumped the rest of the unfinished soup just yesterday. I agree, I works if you can stick with it, but sometimes soup just doesn't cut it. I really have to buckle down come the new year. Maybe I will try again then. :)

Jen

New MrsIngram said...

Don't do it .. Don't eat the soup!

See this is what I don't get, do you have to eat this soup for the rest of your life in order to keep the pounds off?

Anonymous said...

I think most people gain weight back after doing a fad diet, unless they change their entire eating habits and start excising. How do you stay so thin Monica (besides running around after three kids)? Do you exercise a lot?

I gained most of the extra weight I have now from a medicine I was taking for awhile. Then I got depressed about it....so I ate more...and gained some more weight on top of that. But I've kept it on too long now and I am definately ready for a change!

Jen

New MrsIngram said...

I would love to say I exercise but the reality is the only exercise I get it putting the wine glass to my lips .. haha .. look at me a comedian four days before Christmas, I think I've cracked!!!

I hear with medicine weight gain though, I was taking depo provera as birth control for a few years and put on an easy 30 lbs, once I stopped taking it I shed a few of the pounds but most have stayed. I used to be 125-127 soaking weight .. with abs .. ahh those were the days!