Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas parties are done for another year!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Which is good because they were all associated with Aaron's work so by the third party they've all heard the same jokes, stories about the boys, how I'm in love with my Doogie Howser dentist( not really but I ran out of things to talk about at the first party and now it's a running joke), and Aaron even brought out the weiner water soup jokes...the food was alright if you like the fancy stuff, I'd be happy with the good old-fashioned favourites like minestrone soup and ceasar salad versus the creamy butternut acorn soup with parsnip chips and something else, and the glazed pear with some kind of really old, smelly cheese covering the lettuce.  I accidently speared some cheese under my lettuce and had one nasty just about gagging surpise! For entertainment we had two gymnast/contortionists perform during cocktails...that was freaky!  I know at some point I must have heard 90% of the wives tell the hubbies to quit gawking or don't get any ideas normal women don't do that.



On the upside to things we came home to a quiet house!  Michelle had the boys in bed at 8 and 8:30 without a problem, that was a nice surprise, although they both have a really bad cold right now, they were up at 5 coughing and then just decided it was close enough to morning to just stay awake!  They were so wrong! But I just popped in a movie and kept on sleeping.



Tomorrow night is girls night out!  H won passes to see Memoirs of a Geisha so I'm going out with her as soon as Aaron gets home from work.  With a little luck I'll be able to finish his Christmas shopping then too.  It's not like me to not have my shopping done yet but he's only asked for two things: a tree stand (which I've already bought) and a knife sharpener to take hunting (which I have to buy still) other than that he's given me no hints whatsoever although the words Playstation 2 seem to be coming up in conversation lately.  We don't have any video game system so I think he's trying to hint...we'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing says Happy Holidays like a contortionist! I wonder who's idea what was for entertainment?

I am sooo jealous that you and Heather are going to see Memoirs of a Geisha! It was one of my favorite books. Actually, one day Paul and I rented a movie and had the previews for new releases playing while we were setting up supper on the coffee table, so we really weren't paying attention. I heard this line from the movie and I thought...hmmm..that sounds familar, so I stopped to watch the TV and thought, hey, I've seen this movie before. Paul was like, how could you have, it hasn't come out yet! Then at the end they said the movie name and I thought, oh my god, the movie was so close to the book that it was just like I pictured it!Did you read the book? I can't wait to see it. Have fun!

Jen