Monday, December 12, 2005

Joey & Alex's Christmas Picture


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I can officially send out my Christmas cards tomorrow now that I have the boys pictures to pop in.  They turned out pretty good, it's a nice pose but the colours aren't as bright as they could be.  This was the second time I've had them done at Wal-Mart, the last time was when Joey was 3 months old and they sucked so I vowed to just keep going to Sears but after I seen the $19.95 Wal-Mart package I thought I'd better give them a try again.  Sometimes quantity is just as important as quality and there's no way I could get that many pictures at Sears for less than $80.



Anyways...it's nice to see that we can communicate with some more of our family via the blog-system. Hi Jen! It's cheap and easy and most of the time I find it pretty fun to do.



Joey came home from school today with some homemade lick and stick stickers with ugly elves on them (the old men with long white beards versus the cute kids with the curly hair and pudgy cheeks) these were a Christmas gift from his classmate George....well...I wasn't about to let Joey not be THE coolest kid in his class so I whipped out the crafty stuff and whipped up 28 litttle white triangular boxes stamped with red candycanes and filled them with chocolates, jellybeans and gumdrops. Now who's the coolest mom? I mean coolest kid, right?



Heather and I went shopping without the boys tonight and picked up some hotwheels and a case for the cars for Joey's class and I got Aaron a tree stand for Christmas. Now when he said tree stand I was thinking of a Christmas tree stand but oh no, what Aaron was talking about was this camouflauge chair that you put in a tree and sit in.  He asked for it so I sure hope he plans on using it.  I can't picture it though...I've never seen him climb a tree before and you must have to, to get the stand up there...should be worth a few laughs if nothing else!



Only three more days until the Cookie Extravaganza, I was planning on making three batches of cookies and ended up making four so that's 24 dozen cookies I've baked in the past two days. And surprisingly enough I haven't burned any of them yet.  I have all of the games organized and prizes wrapped, I just need to make the food, put up my Christmas tree (Aaron's procrastinating), spike the punch and we're good to go! I'm almost looking forward to it!



Dad's having his gallbladder surgery tomorrow afternoon and will be out of commission for a bit but Mom and Dad are still planning on travelling down here for Christmas.  Today he was awarded another medal of honour.  I think this one was to commemorate Albertans that have served their country and been awarded the MMM which is the Military's Order of Canada.  If I'm wrong Mom or Dad will correct me...Kudos to you Dad, just one more reason why it's great to be an Albertan, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Les, I'm a bit dissapointed in you...it took you 2 whole hours since I left to update the blog!!!...

the medal that Dad got today was for the Alberta centenial...the thought Dad was deserving or something like that...teehee...

H

Anonymous said...

Hi Les,

I like seeing that the Blog
is always kept up to date. The boys are very handsome young gentlemen indeed. I am getting excited that everyone will be down visitng this summer. It has been such a long time since I have seen everyone.

I would be carefull about braggin how good it is to be an Albertan, you never know which Maritimers you may attract out there. :~)

I have already told April on a couple of occasions that the time difference would make life easier in dealing with my UK contract.

Anyhow, since I am at work I best be getting back at it.

Taker Care and say hi to everyone for us.

Later,
Uncle Henry

PS. In case you wanted to email Jen, Her email address is jenlmelvin@hotmail.com She doesnt check it daily but I am sure she does a few times through the month.

Lesley said...

Hey Uncle Henry,
Aaron said there's no chance he'll ever leave Alberta so by all means pack up your family and head out to the cattle country! It would be nice to have more family out here! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!