Thursday, December 15, 2005

Cookie Night Was a Success!

I think we had 10 ladies in attendance and a grand total of 72 dozen cookies! I think this will be a new Beck tradition, the guests were gone around 10 and everything was cleaned up by 10:45 but it was a whole lot of fun! We had spritz, shortbread, maccaroons, gingerbread, chocolate chippers, cookies dipped in chocolate and sooooo much more. We also have enough appetizer leftovers for our company tomorrow night. Sorry Cindy, you'll have to choke down the surprise dip one more time...if Aaron saves you some that is. Thanks everyone who came! Kalyna took home to prizes and Heather won the Bunco Game so she's now obligated to start a Bunco night although I volunteered my house so I don't have to drive to the Valley. And Lucie you HAVE to start a blog all about your Lucie-isms...plastic tray, hot oven...need I say more?...you always have a good Lucie-ism for us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Les, for a great party. I lost my candy cane fairly quickly, because I said the "c" word while explaining my last "Lucie-ism" You see, I took yesterday off to bake 6 dozen cookies and 3 dozen pecan tarts. I had two identical looking trays, one plastic silver-colored and one tin - same size, same weight, etc. I put a dozen cookies in the plastic tray and popped it into the bottom level of the oven. Then there was this God-awful smell! By the time I checked the cookie dough and plastic had melted through the rack onto the bottome of the oven. Needless to say, I chucked the rack - cookie dough and all - in the cool back yard where it still sits: a sad testiment to what happens when you're in a rush to prepare for the holidays. Les says I really should start my own blog entitled "A collection of Lucie-isms". Maybe...

Anonymous said...

I had a great time - wonderful company, fun games and I lucked out being on a good team and won a pair of Xmas socks - which will come in handy. The lunch was delicious as it always is at Lesley and Aarons.
I lost my candy cane to Heather when I said the "c" word but I didn't mind as I had a lot of fun trying to trick Heather into saying it but she was way to smart.

Anonymous said...

I did say the "c" word...as I was walking out the door...I'm surprised no one was listening for it...

oh well...those graveyard shifts have really messed me up...i went for a power nap at Les after work Friday morning and then zipped put to pick-up the movie passes I won from a radio station (memiors of a geisha)...jealous...Mom was too...
and then went to bed for the night at 6pm...I was up at 8.30 am for work this morning and I'm still sleepy...no more graveyards for me...

have a good day everyone...Im off to work...

H