Sunday, November 25, 2007

An interview from friend to friend

Now that's my kind of interview. No microphone 6 inches from my face or on the spot questions that surprise the heck out of me. Just a few questions from a friend that wants to know something about moi. Jenn was interviewed by Goofball and offered to interview any bloggers so I put in my best Oh oh pick me pick me and here we are:

1.What is the most romantic thing Aaron has ever done for you?

That's easy. Aaron surprised me with a weekend in Banff and proposed to me on a horse drawn sleigh. Ahhh, how romantic. It was a lot of planning on his part because he had to arrange with my boss to have someone cover my shifts for me and he had to pack my bags.

2. I know you are an avid reader, what are your top 3 favorite books?

1. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson- It's the book that made me fall in love with reading and faraway places in my imagination. In my opinion books always surpass the movie versions and I don't want to taint the movie version in my head. Does that make sense?-
2. Night by Elie Wiesel- It's a hard read but opened my eyes to autobiographies. It's a horrific book filled with such inhumanity but I just couldn't put it down. It could easily be the definition of survival.
3. Mercy by Jodi Picoult - All of the her books are so incredibly thought provoking and about subjects which may seem a bit taboo. This one was a page-turner I stayed up reallllly late one night because I couldn't put it down. If I had the time I'd start a book club solely on her books alone.

3.You are very close to your parents, has it always been that way? Even when you were a teenager?

I'm definitely very close to my parents now. We normally talk every day whether it's a quick email or phone call or a lonnnnnnng chat while I vent about that place that rhymes with Beers. In any case, I have the free long distance plan with Shaw and definitely get my money's worth. My boys like to call and leave messages on their grandparents answering machine too. When I was a teenager I had a rebellious phase - wore all black, stayed out all night without calling home...yep, I was pretty rotten at times but I think it shaped me into who I am. When I got to the fork in the road I could have kept going downhill but with help from my parents I took the less travelled path at the time and changed my attitude. Not a lot of people know but I actually was a high school dropout. I needed some time to regroup so I took almost a year off before returning to a new school to graduate. I had started school early so I still graduated with my peers. My parents supported me the whole time and it probably made us closer. My friends always thought my folks were the cool ones - looking back it's obvious why.

4. Other then planning excellent parties do you have any other hidden talents? If so what are they?

Aw, thanks Jenn :o) I do love to party plan! Other hidden talents? I can change a wet diaper while the child is standing up. Alex was so active early on that it was obvious he wasn't going to stay still for bum changes so I had to adapt to him. I also advocate for things I believe in whether it's products or services or policies.

5. Describe your perfect day.

Wow - that's a toughy. It would definitely include a lot of family stuff. We do a lot of fun stuff together it's hard to choose fave activities. Probably just hanging out with my boys at the park. I love to watch kids being kids. Aaron included of course, he's the biggest kid! Tobogganing with hot chocolate and mini marshmallows afterwards is a close second...the coldness is the deciding factor.

Well that's all folks! Thanks Jenn for some fabulous questions, if anyone out there would like to be interviewed or have any questions they'd like answered leave me a comment :o)

4 comments:

Alberta said...

When it comes right down to the basics, isn't family everything? If you have that, you have everything!

Love ya!

Jenn said...

Great answers. I learned lots.

Jenn

Goofball said...

these interview meme's are so cool to get to know some people better..

I am dead jealous for your sleigh ride through Banff! And your skill to change diapers while the kid is standing up actively is hilarious, but very practical!

Allie said...

Wow .... my hubby DEFINITELY needs to take a few lessons in the romance department from yours. His most romantic date in fifteen years was taking me to the Taco Bell drivethru on Valentine's Day. :)