Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Don't worry - everyone is okay

But we had a fire this evening in our kitchen. Relax - it was in our oven and totally contained- but still. It smoked out our entire main floor. And I must say I was totally cool during the whole incident. Here's how it all went down.

I baked biscuits in the oven to go with our beef stew for dinner. Simply delish by the way. And afterwards I turned the oven up a bit and through in a few fries for Alex and Joey. (No yeller yeller, obviously) Then Aaron comes tearing down the stairs yelling what's burning? where's the fire? Uh, duh, I had absolutely no idea what the heck he was talking about until I noticed the flames in the oven. Yeppers, there were flames. So, we turned off the oven and it burned off whatever had spilled in the bottom of the oven.

Hmm...how could I have not noticed this you're wondering? Well, in my defense, I had a head cold and seem to have misplaced my sense of smell lately. Which was a gawdsend when it came to all the poopy issues Thing One and Thing Two were having the past week.

So, now I have to clean my oven and see if the element is salvageable....sigh...and the funny thing is (okay funny isn't the right word) that I have no idea what the heck spilled all over the bottom of my stove that could catch fire like that? Usually the only thing that I consistently spill over are pies, or cheesy pizzas.

But like I said, everyone is okay. That's what counts, right?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm glad everyone is okay.

Alberta said...

Glad everyone is OK....did you have a fire extinguisher handy?