Sunday, April 08, 2007

What an exhausting weekend!

We started our long weekend off with Alex breaking his arm and then it kind of spiralled downhill after that.
One of the dayhome babies was sick this week and spent most of his time at home and then I got the phone call Friday morning that it was chicken pox. Oh no! So, I sent out a mass email to forewarn the other parents and then got the phone call Saturday afternoon that it was actually scarlet fever. So, I phoned all of the parents and left messages and emails to those I didn't speak directly to. The poor babe! As it stands now, it's just the one isolated incident (I'm knocking on wood as I type this). Phew! Although, every time Alex would sneeze or cough I was wondering. He doesn't have the telltale fever or red rash so I'm sure Alex is just run down from his sleepless nights. So am I! I've been bunking with him the past couple nights, I'm worried that he'll lift his arm and drop it on his head, knocking himself out. Chances are slim to none, I realize but he's still my baby!
On a more exciting note: our contractor has started construction on our downstairs beaudoir! Can I get a woot-woot?!? (Yes, it's back - I couldn't come up with anything better and Aaron has stopped teasing me)
So, in a couple days we'll have a partially developed basement. Yeah! Now, if only Mother Nature would cooperate with us and let the ground thaw so our garage can get underway!

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Don't forget to document your basement reno with photos!

Krista said...

Looking forward to seeing the basement reno pics as well, and I hope little Alex is feeling better soon!
Krista.

Anonymous said...

Zach had Scarlet Fever last year it was no big, and after 48 hrs of meds he was fine. So good luck with that.
Alli