Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kids say the cutest things...

As Alex was dozing off to sleep tonight (yeah for me, it's only 6:33 PM right now) and was wearing his fave mini Mr. Potato Head glasses, he looked at me and said "Mommy, some day I want to get married like you and Daddy are married." So, I kind of expanded on that a bit and said "yes, one day you'll fall in love with a beautiful girl and get married and have your own little boy to tuck in at night." Well, he quickly intervened to say "no, we're just going to stay here with you and Daddy."

I hope this boy isn't psychic! I'm planning on doing what my parents did : buy them luggage on their 16th birthday and give them a little encouragement to be independant. I moved out of their house and we bought our first house when I was 19, there was no looking back!

Freedom 45, right Mom and Dad?

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Lesley, some have their fun before the kids & responsibilities come along, others have it after...when they have a bit more $$$ and lot more ideas!!!!!

Kids are the greatest!

Nat said...

I'm the having fun after type.......LOL