Sunday, April 29, 2007

Here's some deep thoughts for a Sunday evening....

I love my boys and I talk about them - a lot! I found out recently though that some people find this super annoying. I've kind of been thinking about this non-stop : am I that person that they think should just shut up? And I've kind of come up with two responses for that. First off and foremost I AM PROUD OF MY KIDS. Whether it's because Alex can sleep through the night without an accident or because Joseph can now count by 10's, I'm proud of them. My second thought is that sometimes when I meet new people that I don't have anything in common with, I fall back on the good ole stories about Joseph flashing my tata's in swimming class or of Alex lifting my dress at Henry's wedding to hide his head under it...sorry, that was Joseph too. Well, Alex has done lots of cute things too, maybe not so much nudity though, haha. I'm not very political, I don't really know what's going on in TV-land so instead of trying to bullshit my way through a strained conversation, I can talk animatedly (is that even a word?) about my boys.And I'm not the type of parent to compare kids either, I don't tell stories to make other people's kids seem inferior or take mine look like Baby Einstein, it's mostly just funny little stories or experiences I'd had with them. Know what I mean?


Now, onto the Garage-mahal news. It's almost completed, we just need the siding and electrical done. That's it. It was a pretty short and painless process. I'm feeling good about our decision to hire a company to do it all for us. There's no way we could have done what they did in such a short time! And the bonus would be watching the workers without their shirts on.LOL! The garage is 24 by 26 and it looks like it takes up most of our yard but it's pretty misleading - our gravel pad took up almost the same amount of space depth wise and it's just a bit more width wise. We're going to use the space between the garage and fence as Lyla's dogrun and get rid of the chain link one so it'll free up some grass for the other kids toys.


6 comments:

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

Hey Les,

I look forward to reading about the boys adventures, so keep em coming!!!!! My advise to whoever finds this super annoying can kiss my A**, and find something else to do, cause they probably don't have kids, lead a boring life, and envy all the good things that happen in your life...

Alex & Joey's cool uncle!!!!

Jenn said...

Lesley,

I can't say that I know you that well, but you probably are the lady who talks about your kids all the time. I know I am that lady. I personally think it depends on the time you are at in your life. When I was a teenager I use to find this somewhat annoying. Now that I have kids i think this is the most important thing in life. I think kids are way more entertaining then any TV show. You may know what's going on in the world, but you know the most important thing in the world is what's happening in your house.

Glad to see the great pictures from the weekend.

Jenn

Linda Montgomery said...

may-be more people should care about and have as much interest in their kids and this world would be less screwed up! I love reading about your family and am enjoying watching your boys grow up. To hell with what those people think.

New MrsIngram said...

I think people with kids tend to be more open about stories with kids .. it's when sometimes you're around people that don't have kids and you can almost see them rolling their eyes .. well whatever, atleast I have something interesting to talk about right?

Hey wasn't this past weekend the whole bachelorette weekend????

MelComeau said...

I love hearing about your kids! I love hearing about most kids really... A parents' kids are a big part of their lives so obviously you're going to hear about them!! I love the stories, I keep them in the back of my head so I know what to expect someday... I want to know what I'm in for!! :P

Blog said...

Do NOT stop talking about your boys. You're a mama and you're PROUD. I totally talk about the monkey all the time -- and I love it. :) WE love hearing aobut your boys.