Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I've been Facebooked!

It's sweeping the nation and I'm on board. It's very addictive, I'm not sure why? Maybe because of all the possibilities that it brings. Reconnecting with old friends and even making new ones.
So, here's a few memories that I have...

Victoria
  • Going to Brandy's birthday party and watching Dirty Dancing and Princess Bride for the first (of many) time
  • Listening to Nightmare On My Street by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince on my little ghetto blaster and thinking I was pretty hot sh*t!
  • Wishing I had a collection of spandex (because it was just soooo trendy) like some of my classmates - that would be you Reaghan & Brandy!
  • Sleeping over at Nora's and phoning in requests to the radio station all night
  • Natalie starring in the Monster Mash, good times, hey Nat?

Summerside

  • Fighting over sitting in the front row of the school bus, man, was I ever a nerd!
  • Going to my first surprise party (hosted by Diane)
  • Mme. Carver's aerobics class
  • Listening to Ice Ice Baby at Diane's birthday party over and over
  • Getting totally excited about dubbing Casey Rogers' Simpsons cassette, once again, yeah I was a nerd
  • Let's not forget Chess Club at lunchtimes...

Kingston

  • Dancing with Jamie and Marie at Teen Towne to Lady With the Red Dress On by Snow
  • Going to April's sweet 16 party
  • Playing euchre in the caf
  • Lots of parties and lots of friends
  • Driving in Mark's gigantic car
  • School dances
  • Going to Brandy & Paul's year end bowling party
  • Listening to my cousin put on an English accent and prank call a guy I liked - hil-ar-i-ous!

Anyways, it's nice to see that everyone seems to be exactly where they'd like to be. A lot of my friends have kids now and are married. At the time when we were moving these are all people that I probably would have or should have kept in touch with. But I suppose when you're 11, 13 or even 15 it's a lot of drama at the present moment...and a lot of regret when you're older and see what you've been missing out on. I'm very excited to see that two of my classmates have married their high school sweethearts! Some things are obviously just meant to be! Love you guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is waaay addictive, isn't it. I think you nailed it on the head; it is the fun of finding that old friend that is the best fun of all. Plus, keeping in touch with friends/family that you may not be close enough to call all the time, but still care enough to want to keep up with what is going on in their lives & see that they are well.

I've come across some friends from grade one....fun fun...lol.

Nat said...

you know, the year i was in grade 7 was awesome, i lost that year book, which really sucks cause i had all those pictures in it......with my wild monster mash hair, didn't really dawn on me that the whole school would have seen that....LOL

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

I think Mom has all my past yearbooks...we are goping up at the end of the month and I have been thinking about scanning a bunch of stuffwhile Im there to post...teehee...surprise Mom...I know what Im gonna be doing while Jonathan naps...