Sunday, January 28, 2007

What to do what to do??

We've finally decided to build a garage. Aaron is ecstatic, I suppose I'll enjoy not scraping windows next winter too.
So, we've gotten 2 quotes so far
#1 is $18000 and said they can start April 10th and will be done in about 10 days
#2 is $26500 and said they can start mid-May and it would take 1-2 months to complete depending on weather
Our third option is to build it ourselves. This way it would only cost about $10000-12000 but we'd have to do it ourselves. We'd save a lot of money but it would be a lot of labour and would take away from family time.
I think we'll probably end up doing it ourselves. I'm shuddering just thinking about it...we're also going to level off the backyard and re-sod so it'll mean a muddy yard for awhile and a gaudy temporary snowfence and trips to the park with the dayhome kids rather then backyard time. But as a family we'll be reaping the benefits: with the money saved it'll pay for either a hot tub with a good locking system to keep the kiddies out, or our family holiday to Disneyland or Disney cruise.

Anyways...

Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking my two boys to Chuck E Cheese. Woot woot! I'm Wonder Woman! We met up with Joey's best friend Danny and his family. The boys had a great time, Alex found 2 games he really liked : Ninja Turtles arcade game and a fishing arcade game. Jospeh was all over the place but seemed to like playing basketball the best. I think it's because Victor (Danny's dad) pretended to dunk him in the hoop and Joseph that it was hilarious! Wish I could have gotten a picture of that. And as we were leaving I noticed that this fine family establishment serves wine and beer. Andrea and I are already planning the next visit to be during the evening so we can indulge a little...providing that Aaron and Victor come with us of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,

My husband could probably have a garage done for you in 2 or 3 weekends. He is a carpenter. So if you need help, let me know. I just saw Heather Lee yesterday. Johnathan is so adorable and slept in my arms for an hour.

Let me know. You can e-mail me at leaf_girl31@hotmail.com

Deidre

New MrsIngram said...

Talk about shudder .. JJ is planning on laying all our hard wood in the new house, if that's the route we decided to take!

Lucie & Co. said...

Lee Anne and Al arrived on the weekend. Al does excellent work, and I'm sure he would help you put that garage up. With Aaron, Joe, the Beck boys and maybe Chris, you could probably do it over a weekend with a kit.