Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hmmm...

nothing really blog-tastic happened today to write about.

(WTF?!? , I know you're thinking it)

Today was the first day back for most of my dayhome kids...

Aaron and I contemplated building a new house in the neighbourhood until we discovered that the walkouts weren't in fact walkouts just had a grading back yard so the basement windows were a bit larger than normal. Then we checked out the real walkouts in our neighbourhood on the other side of the traffic circle and just about died when we found out the price...are you ready for this???

$750,000 to $1,000,000

OMG! Makes me feel pretty good about our little mortgage that will be paid off before the boys are in college!

So, I think based on that we're staying in our house for sure. No more babies for us...we're really enjoying the ages that our two boys are at. There's a bit more freedom for us and more options on stuff to do for the whole family. So, we'll be building a garage in the spring and then working on finishing the basement in the winter...and saving for a Disney cruise at Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie...

My husband is a carpenter so if you need help building that garage, let me know. He could probably have one almost built in a weekend or two.

Deidre

Alberta said...

Lesley, when you get right down to IT...LIFE is expensive!

Anonymous said...

You know, no one wants to be mortgage poor. It is a tough situation and I know from experience(when I got laid off from AC).

Just think of all the value you will add to your house with a new garage. Better to have the extra money to spend on trips and the kids.

New MrsIngram said...

Well if you change your mind on more kiddies later on I have a few extras over here .. kidding, kinda .. lol