Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

13 Childhood Girlfriends
1. Natalie Martin - I went to school with her in Ralston so, so many years ago and kept in touch with her until I moved to Calgary
2. Stacey McMillan - I also went to school with her in Ralston but lost touch with her when we moved to Victoria
3. Bobbi-Lynn Parker - We shared a duplex in Victoria and wrote a few letters over the next few years
4. Nora Desjardins - I'm not sure we were exactly girlfriends but we did re-connect over the last couple years and I certainly enjoy her emails
5. Diane DesRoches - We went to school together in PEI, that was a place where it was really hard to make friends, the base was closing and we were bussed to the town school where many peers' parents would soon be out of work
6. Sarah Mawhinney - We went to school together in PEI as well , Sarah lived on the base and we were locker partners
7. April Stoness - I've mentioned April from time to time, we met in Kingston, she was MOH at my wedding and we still talk - maybe not as often as we like but I think of her often
8. Danielle Reid-Brown - She was a wild one! Everyone's got that one crazy friend, well I'm sure Danielle would be it. Originally she was friends with Heather but then H started hanging out with a more grown up crowd and I just wanted to have fun
9. Kelly Biss - We shared a duplex in Kingston and kept in touch when I moved to Calgary and then she moved to Calgary although we've lost touch from losing phone numbers

10. Jamie Bowering - We were friends in Kingston and although we said we were BFF, I think it just wasn't meant to be, she was a total rebel and maybe things are better left alone sometimes
11. Tina MacAdam - We met in high school here in Calgary and have lost touch and reconnected many many times over the years, never really a falling out just busy with life I think. It's funny how things have progressed so now our own children are friends
12. Jen Gellert - We met in the high school that I graduated from. I had a lot of friends in high school but never really got close to anyone. I did enjoy chatting with Jen though, she was a realist, what you see is what you get. She had no interest in playing silly high school games and gossiping. That's my kind of girl!
13. Kathryn Lang - Well Kathryn isn't a childhood girlfriend but we met in school so it must count for something! She's my BFF, we didn't chat as often as I would have liked when she lived in Whitecourt. I think we were both just extremely busy in our lives at that time. Now she's living a few hours closer, but still an hour away and we talk or email almost daily

4 comments:

Alberta said...

Glad to hear that our nomadic way of life didn't inhibit your making friends along the way.

It seems like another lifetime away since we've moved...now don't go getting ideas! I like my lil salmon house - it fits!

Jenn said...

Like your new colors =)

Anonymous said...

We definitely don't talk as often as we'd like... but I still check your blog daily to see what's going on. My life is way too boring to have a blog so, suffice it to say, work, study and chorus make up my basic week! See you in October!!! April S.

Anonymous said...

Lesley,
Isn't it fun to look back at all the friends you've made throughout your life? I often think about people I have lost touch with and wonder what they are up to now...
Krista.