Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Home Improvement 101

Today Aaron and I tried something new, we had the plain old frosting on the windows which we both totally hated so we've replaced it with the faux stained glass.

As much as we like the light we get from the hallway window, neither of us was crazy about seeing into our neighbours house or them being able to see into ours. Not that we're snoopy...


This is the before...yeah I know it's ugly...
This is halfway through our project, see how opaque it is?!
And this is the after look at night time...
And the after look at night with the light on, makes the walls look really yellow, maybe I'll try for a day time after look.

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Lesley, I'm sure the true colours of the faux stain glass will be that much more apparent in the daylight! What does it look like at night looking at it from the outside?

Anonymous said...

Lesley,
Wow, I really like that, where did you find it? Do they have other patterns in the stained glass effect?
Also, I wanted to say thanks for the photobucket tip, its a wonderful addition to the blog!
Krista.

Lesley said...

I found the window stuff at WalMart in the wallpaper section, $9.97 a roll and there was a darker stained glass pattern as well. It only took 2 rolls to do the window and when we priced it online it would have been closer to $85 for one sheet to do the entire window.