Friday, January 05, 2007

Wedding Poll

Have you heard "I Knew the Bride When She Used to Rock and Roll"? It's a fab song for weddings and traditionally the wedding guests will form a circle, the bride dances in the middle with a whole bunch of people and it's generally lots of fun.
Well...
Kathryn has never heard of this before and I think I may have scared her a wee bit when I brought it up last night.
So, did you do this at your wedding OR have you seen this done at weddings before?
AND
What would the male equivalent to this song be? If Kathryn agrees to do this than I think it's only fair that Jeff has to as well.

SUPPORT YOUR DAILY( Okay more like Obsessive) BLOGGER (moi)
AND PLEASE COMMENT!


10 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Leslie!
We did that at my wedding last summer!!!! (It was the same wedding where a certain father-in-law got into the wine!!)

Anonymous said...

I have also heard of a Frnch Canadian tradition where an older siblings who isn't married dances around in big socks... has anyone heard of this?

Jenn

Anne said...

The tradition that I heard about the socks is that if a younger son married before the eldest son in the family, the eldest son and the groom has to dance around in socks with bells on them. Saw that at a wedding once. It was hilarious. The eldest son also wore a hat that looked like something a jester (joker) would wear. Really really funny.

Alberta said...

Kathryn, I'm with you on this one...never heard of it before...but then I do lead a sheltered life!

Lucie & Co. said...

Leslie,
Remind me to tell you about the "keys" the the bride's former boyfriends have to return to her - maybe while she's dancing to this song. Be interesting to see how many keys are turned in.

Anonymous said...

Guess I haven't been to enough weddings. I haven't heard of this, or any of the other stuff mentioned. Just been to your basic, traditional weddings.

Blog said...

I can't really tell you what I think because I couldn't get through the video. I got through 10 seconds of it -- the song annoyed the crap out of me! And, the singer. Sorry, Les!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Ha- I've heard it before, but never at a wedding! Iblogged about doing THIS as a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding... it was too fun!

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

thats TOOO funny!!!

it is much better than YMCA...i think you should do that for Kathryns wedding...she doesnt seem like a Kate to me...

H

Brenda said...

Hi Les:
I have seen this done at a few weddings and at Garry's cousins the men all dropped their pants and were wearing boxers and got in a circle and the groom in the middle while they played old rock and roll a la Tom Cruise in Risky Business. It was hillarious.