Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I am a dayhome guru!

Well, I'm trying not to brag but that's how I feel sometimes. Last night I went to the monthly dayhome meeting and I came home feeling great. I was asked a ton of great questions and for my opinions on various situations. I seem to be a wealth of information to those just starting out although I do have some homework for next month's meeting...which I'm hosting (surprise Aaron, I forgot to mention it). Some days I think it's not worth all the effort of emailing and answering questions but nights like last night make it all worthwhile. We seem to have quite a few regulars to our meetings now whereas in the beginning the meetings were so spread apart and attendance was so horrible that I don't think we ever really felt like they were useful. But now, we know each other by name and are making connections.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the very reason I thought to call you and ask some questions! I was pretty sure you would have the answers or be able to point me in the right direction of finding the answers! And on my search for your number, I also got to catch up with Uncle Joe as well. Anyway, thanks again for takinh time to talk the other night!

Blog said...

Good for you, Les! That's awesome! :)

Alberta said...

Lesley, you have such a big soft heart, you will do almost anything for those kids...even the ones you have never met.