Monday, February 06, 2006

I could live without Mondays!

What a crazy day! It probably all started at about 1 or 2 this morning when Joey woke me up and started talking about Auntie Heather's visit today and that she'd bring him big and little marshmallows and a whole bunch of other stuff that didn't really make a lot of sense at the time of morning. So, after getting up with Joey off and on all night I decided to let him skip school and sleep in, really, I was doing everyone a favour by keeping him home,except myself that is. Joey was a bit of a nightmare today, totally overtired, over-sensitive and just out of it altogether. Well it turns out that Danny had a rough night too and skipped school so I had him for the whole day and he wasn't very successful with the pottying today so you just knew he wasn't quite himself. Alex was his charming (bullying) self today and Zeke dumped glue in his hair from our Valentine's Day craft, Alex ate some more crayons, Aislynn sat in Danny's 'wet spot'...and the list just seems to get longer and longer the more I think about.
Thank goodness Auntie came over to rescue me! She ran out and bought dinner so I could save my lasagna for tomorrow's dinner and helped get the kids to bed nice and early so we could just sit back and relax. Now that Heather's headed home I'm starting to take a closer look at Aaron's taxes. Not as easy as I thought, I always do our taxes but this will be my first year doing his with his vehicle allowance/expenses...It can't be that hard to figure out can it?
Thanks for calling Auntie Jen! Does that make you feel old? Just kidding! I forgot to get your email address so don't be surprised if I call you again this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to do Dad's taxes before they started giving him GST in his pays and then he had to pay back a percentage (or all, plus more) depending on his income for the year, expenses etc. It got too complicated for me so he started using an accountant, thank god.

If you are used to doing taxes, vehicle expenses etc. are not really that hard at all. The hardest part is organizing all the receipts first, and something tells me that you already have a filing system for that (since you are so organized).

Hey, if it gets really bad you can always call H & R Block or Revenue Canada. But, I am sure you will be fine.

Sorry to hear what a bad day you had yesterday. I hope today is better!

So you guys are taking dance lessons? Wish I could talk Paul into taking Jive lessons.

New MrsIngram said...

That I have to say sounded like a rough day and with JJ gone and all I tend to have a few hair pulling days myself!

Did Joey get his marshmallows?

Lesley said...

Of course he got his marshmallows, what Joey wants, Joey gets. Actually we were just impressed that he realized that Auntie Heather visits = marshmallows.