Sunday, February 19, 2006

Here are some old pictures for you Jen!


Image hosting by Photobucket
I'm not too sure who this is but I'm sure someone can fill us in.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Uncle David
Image hosting by Photobucket
I'm not sure who they are or if it's even from the MacAulay side and not Johnston side?!?
Image hosting by Photobucket
Everybody's favourite clan picture!I think this is most complete picture out there so far...
Image hosting by Photobucket
The groom-to-be many moons ago!



And that concludes the pictures that this MacAulay branch has. I love looking at all the pictures and seeing who looks like who.  Dad says that Joey takes after Grandpa Art a lot, I wish I'd known him then maybe I'd see the same similarities.



To date we still have no definite plans for our holidays, I think we'll be playing a lot by ear.  We fly into Halifax on Tuesday morning and will probably spend a couple days there doing some sightseeing then head to the Miramichi Thursday and then Monday we may go to PEI for a day and then I think we fly out on the Wednesday or Thursday evening.  I'm sure it'll be a very busy but fun holiday.  Aaron and I were married in a United church (I'm not sure why, Aaron's not baptised United) so we were thinking of having our marriage blessed at the church that Mom and Dad were married in, coincidentally our anniversary is August 13th and we will be in the neighbourhood.  We did our Catholic marriage prep. classes a year or two ago but just haven't made the arrangement to be blessed at a mass, I guess we'll see what happens....After partying Saturday night we may not be in the condition to go to church the next morning. LOL!



We had a great visit with Mom and Dad this weekend.  Friday night Aaron, Mom,Dad and I took a few spins around the living room trying to dust off our two-steppin moves and we all discovered that a few lessons couldn't hurt any of us! The class I tried to sign up for was full so we'll try again in the spring.  I'm not sure how much dancing we'll be doing though because we'll have Joey and Alex underfoot. 



Today my parents had the pleasure of furniture shopping with me for Alex.  What a nightmare!  We were too early so there was nothing open but then we finally found some nice stuff but one store only had the mirror and floor model nightstand and sent us to the big store on the other side of the city just to find out that they only had one nightstand and it was damaged so we came home empty handed.  Aaron might go look Friday on his day off and see if the nightstand at the first store's any good and then go back to the other to get the matching dresser and mirror.   I'm just about convinced that my kids are indeed spoiled. Aaron and I still have mis-matched furniture from when we were kids!  I think that's the next big purchase...I've decided to hold off on the front loading washer until mine actually croaks...it washes fine, the only problem is that it's on the second floor by the bedrooms and right above the living room so sometimes it's a little loud.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

The first picture is of grandpere.
In english, Grandfather on your fathers side, Adelard Doiron. I think there are only pictures of him sitting at that table playing cards, except maybe of the one of him and grandmere's 50th anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Hey Les thanks for posting that picture of my honey. I sure do miss him and I have never seen that picture before. Do you have any info about it like when and how old and where? Aunt Paula

New MrsIngram said...

I think the only memories I have of Grandpere are of him sitting in that spot at the table .. these are old memories though because I remember swinging under the table.

Lesley said...

Hi Aunt Paula!
I keep forgetting to ask Mom about the picture (she knows everything) but I'm guessing that it was taken when we went to the Miramichi for Mom's 10 year high school reunion about 22-ish years ago. I'm sure Mom can correct me/add more. I also found one of Uncle David's high school pictures...stay tuned for that one!

Anonymous said...

Anyone know who the couple is in the black & white pic?