Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!


Image hosting by Photobucket
Here's a new technique I learned, you put Future floor wax in your waterpen and pick up pearlex and brush it on to highlight stuff like butterfly wings.
Image hosting by Photobucket
This is a card with the 'water' in the middle, it's actually hair gel with colour added to it and easy to do.  



The other technique we learned tonight is embossing wine glasses. I didn't realize you could do that but apparently you can, and it actually looks pretty cool.



So, Aaron and I celebrated Valentine's Day seperately, but after spending the day with a whole bunch of sugar-high tots I needed to get away! I'm sure we'll have a date night soon enough in lieu of tonight.  It looks like the Urgent Care doctor was right and Joey just had a cold in his eye, with the help of some drops his eyes are just about normal now, I think with a good night's sleep he'll be back to school tomorrow, just in time to have two days off for Teacher's Convention and then the holiday on Monday.  Looks like I'm staying put this weekend and Mom and Dad are going to drive down and the spend the weekend with us. Aaron has to work so we'll have to entertain ourselves during the day, if we actually get some snow I think Nannie and Papa would like to see the boys try out their toboggans.  Joey could out-toboggan any of us! It's got to be that endless supply of kid-energy, and poor Alex tries to keep up to big brother but his legs are still quite a bit shorter so he has to run twice as fast.

4 comments:

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

I talked to Dad tonight and he told me about the road trip...Everyone is invited to see the band play Friday night at Buckinghams...mostly cause thats where Dads OCC shirts will be...if he wants them he has to come and get them...ha ha ha...no going to bed at 8pm Mom...maybe the boyz sitter Michelle is available on short notice?!?!? who knows, maybe the band will resurect "hash pipe" or "kryptonite" and let Jeff have a go at the drums...it has been a while...

Hope everyone had a good V-Day

H & J

Lesley said...

Well Aaron and I won't be going, Aaron has a padres dinner Friday night which he doesn't know if he can get out of so I won't book our sitter on a whim, at $9/hour I want us to have a night out together.

Brenda said...

after seeing 3 doors down do kryptonite live, I dont think I could listen to anyone else sing it. Hope this band it good

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

they are very active on the live music circuit in Calgary...and they are nice people to boot...