Monday, December 31, 2007

It's almost a New Year!

This year we're hosting a game night with some friends so it has the potential of being either low-key or filled with tales for years to come...only time will tell.

I eased back into work today and had one of the dayhome kidlets for the day. Alex has been hounding me to play with his buddy throughout the holidays. He's been anxious to show off his Christmas loot! So, today was a great day.

I've almost decompressed after the holidays - well, just to get all wound up for tonight, haha. Christmas has left the building and gone back into storage for another year. I am not a Scrooge, really. I just like putting the holiday stuff away before the kiddies come back to the dayhome full time. And I have yet to find those missing stocking stuffers. Somewhere in my home are two dog toys, one catnip toy, one nutcracker ornament for Papa, and who knows what else?! Really though, where could they have gone? My house isn't that big and I don't have many hiding spots.

This Christmas we borrowed some traditions from other families which were a huge hit at our home. We had mimosa's and Cinnzeo Christmas morning. The mimosa's were from Phil and Cinnzeo from Jenn. And boy oh boy did we ever enjoy them. Alex is now obsessed with 'sticky buns'. He actually came up with that term on his own. I do realize that a lot of people use it but I'm just surprised that he tagged his cinnamon bun with it instead of something more true to Alex-lingo like 'the thing with the white stuff on it'.

I also found two new additions to my recipe box. Christine's Toffee Cornflake Cookies (which I'd like to rename into something more exciting) and Andrea's Holiday Cracker spread (which is what I'm calling her Philly block, with the red and green jalepeno sauce on top...mmm...my mouth is watering already. Thanks ladies!

Have a fun and safe New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the Best in 2008!

Jenn said...

Glad you enjoyed the delicious tradition. =) Happy New Year

Jenn

Ali said...

happy new year!