Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

Congrats to Leanne and Andrew on their engagement yesterday. It sounded like a sweet proposal. Leanne said they went up the Calgary Tower and were chatting and then when she turned to look at our gorg city she looked back to see...whammo...Andrew down on one knee! Such sweetness!

MY MAIN GOAL for this year is to cut down on frivolous spending. Like buying the exact same boot in black AND brown - although they were an awesome deal. Or buying an entire skin care line after trying it for a couple days. I think I am going to buy a trial sized or travel sized kit before taking the more expensive plunge.
AND to drink more water. I hate water. I don't like the taste or lack of taste so I tend to chug water and then I don't like that super bloated feeling in my tummy.
AND to stop wrecking my hair. It was so glorious until the whole perm incident. Now it sucks, it's breaking and tangling. I'd give anything to go back to my flat super straight boring hair.

By the way, it's Day 2 of the new year and I started my morning off at 5:35 by jumping on my treadmill :o) How you doin'?

6 comments:

Alberta said...

Day 3 of my get back at it routine! Another 1.75 m logged in today! Woot woot

Loving all the support and company I have along the way...I'm thinking of charging myself a dollar every day I don't do something really physical! What do you think????? Enough to buy myself something LARGE at the end of 2008!

Alberta said...

Oops...forgot...please pass along our congrats to Leanne & Andrew!

Blog said...

I hate water, too.... I;d so much prefer a chai tea latte.... But,yeah, i'm trying to do the water thing, too! Good for you on the treadmill!!

Allie said...

Wow - very energetic on you for getting on that treadmill. Me? Still recovering from New Years .... Lucky me though .. I am one of those rare few that happen to love water. Aside from coffee, that is all that I drink.

It sounds like you had a great Christmas holiday season. LOVE the new look of your hallway there and am looking forward to seeing the rec room pics. I think that I just might have to hire you to come and decorate our new home ....

New MrsIngram said...

I hate plain water but I like the raspberry flavoured aquafina!

Starting monday morning I will be joining you on the treadmill .. well not physically but certainly in spirit.

When is that race of yours, I must go looking through your history!

Lesley said...

Ah yes, the race, it's June 7th. I'm hoping that I won't seem like a complete Phoebe but whatevs. Whatever happens will happen.

I was on the treadmill this morning too - so impressed with myself...well until I had a choc chip muffin for a mid-morning snack.

I'm doing a detox diet starting Saturday for a week then I'll just be eating better. If I minus the social eating that I do and Starbucks addiction than I honestly don't think I eat bad food. Just maybe the quantity.