Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Please will someone just push me over the holiday hump?

I'm just not that excited about the holidays yet. Maybe it's because I've spent most of my free time buying, wrapping and of course waiting in line.

I think I've got my shopping done :o), well except for a trip to the liquor store. And I think most of the wrapping is done too.

Cookie exchange is Friday night and I have yet to do my baking. That's tonight's plan. Aaron rented Bourne Ultimatum which is great BUT usually I'd be baking while watching TV and now that the rec room is complete we 'll be downstairs watching our movie. Guess I either need to set a timer downstairs or just wait until after movie time.

NOW onto some parenting issues...

Joey has made the connection that if he pukes Daddy will come get him from school so apparently he's been trying this all week at school. So we talked about it and I thought he understood how it's bad for your body to make yourself throw up until this afternoon when he gagged himself after lunch. And then tonight when he tried to make his little brother puke at bathtime.

How do you reckon we nip this in the bud?

Although, given a choice, I'd opt for puke over poop any day!

I'll be indulging in some holiday eggnog for sure tonight.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Do you put spiced rum in your egg nog?

Maybe the baking will help. I think Lucas and I are going to get a gingerbread house to put together.

Silent Night, holy night....

Jenn