Monday, June 12, 2006

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY DAD!

In no particular order whatsoever is the little stroll down Memory Lane...I must say how my friends always envied Heather and I for having the 'cool' parents.  We were always welcome to have our friends come over to hang out and our friends always felt welcome.  I think it's partly because Mom and Dad were fairly young when they had us and let's face it -they're both very young at heart.  You guys have got it made, to be 50, retired (well Dad's still working but I think it's because he'd annoy Mom too much if they were both home together) , both kids moved out and starting their own families and still have half your life ahead of you to enjoy together....that's the life.  You've definitely been a great role model, both of you have been.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!  And if I can sum up your upcoming birthday dinner at Japanese Village in one catch phrase : IT'S A THONG! Ha Ha! Don't forget the wax Mom!

Papa and Joseph

Papa and Joseph - tee hee

Dad as Warrant Officer

Sailing fishing in 1988 I think

Dad on  HMCS Terra Nova

Which one's Dad?

This guy has to do it all - Army and then Navy...couldn't lower his standards to the AirForce though -ha ha!

After graduating boot camp

Alright Cowboy- where are your boots? This was in Calgary - 1995-ish.

Biker Dad

At Aaron's graduation from Funeral Directing/Embalming School -ewwww...

Dad with the little curl in the front, he tried to keep the curl up for about 40 years and from there on it was the bald look

A recent picture from Mom's 50th and Heather's 30th

(Oops, I forgot to crop this one) Mom and Dad's only professional picture, only took  27 years of marriage to get one done or was it 28?

Dad on one of his first bikes -this dates back to the early/mid80s when we lived in Ralston...don't think I have one of Mom and Dad both on their bikes....yep, I had the cool parents growing up...

7 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for posting all the pics of my big bro. Amazing how much he has done in his life and still has many more years to find new adventures. The best is yet to come.

New MrsIngram said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Joe

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

Very nice job Les....

Happy Day big guy....can't wait for the village...

I'll let you drink all my fun fruity umbrella drinks cause I wont be...

H

Blog U Say!!! said...

Seeing all the looks and how different he can look by wearing different outfits is amazing. the Biker look is my Favorite of coure. If you ever think about working for "DOG the Bounty Hunter" thats the look I'd go for. LOL :~)

Later..
Henry

Anonymous said...

Joe Mac...
Thanks everyone,,It is fun to look back on all those guys and remember them fondly,,,They were at different times of my life and the only thing that was a constant is Alberta,,over 30 and counting.(only you babe)..With all the dirrerent looks i would have made a good spy...But i don't think i could have pulled a good Andree the Giant,,,Henry has me classed out on that one...Really looking forward to this summer...

Anonymous said...

Doesn't everyone look so cool in a cowboy hat, shades, tats showing, sitting on a bike? I know Joe sure does! He looks so different in different pics, you wouldn't even know it was him.

I didn't know that he was in the Army and the Navy. Wow! He really gets around!

Happy Birthday Joe!!!!!!!

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

yup...

he's been around the block a few times...oopps...I mean world...okay, I really did mean block...

see you Sat for the big supper...maybe I'll return "Zodie"...but then again I might just keep her...

you know possession is 9 tenths the law...

H