Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Beck's are biking once again!

We finally got our act together and got the bike trailer and bikes good to go. Last night Aaron went for a ride in the rain -he actually thought he could outrun the storm...haha Aaron! Tonight we all went riding to the big pond in Inverness, it's about a 30 minute ride, long enough for the kids and short enough to not hurt my butt too much.
We visited with Kathryn, Jeff, Liz and Billy last night. Kathryn (bride-to-be) has chosen her invites so now it's just a matter of getting the stuff and finding time to do it. I think if we gather the supplies over the summer we can do them in September and cross them off the list early. I'm starting to plan her shower/stagette and am open to any and all suggestions!
I've got no problems planning wedding stuff but I've come to a big party planning block when it comes to little Alex's 3rd birthday. Mom and Dad won't be here so we were going to celebrate early but then thought we'll see them 2 days after his birthday so maybe we'll do birthday cake on our holidays for him to celebrate with them. So, then we were thinking of going to the cottage the weekend of his birthday (Sunday is his bday) and then invite his cousins to come up for a bbq...but then that leaves out his friends...plus we haven't even asked Aaron's parents if they'd mind us having our party at their cottage. What to do, what to do?!? I guess I've got a month to decide and better get on it incase we're having another backyard bbq here, we thought about a poker run or scavenger hunt in the neighbourhood but I think I need my parents planning and help to pull that off!
There's another limb to the Beck family tree. Aaron's cousin Jeff and wife Megan had a baby boy on Wednesday, they've named him Makhi Daniel Terrance. Poor Megan went 2 weeks overdue before they'd induce her, poor girl! They're both doing fine, and I seen pictures of little Makhi who has nice brown curls already. Congratulations!

1 comment:

Jen, Paul and Daisy said...

Oh that poor girl, 2 weeks overdue?? Yikes! I am surprised they let it go that long.

Biking is great exercise. Too bad there is really no where to bike around here.