Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day


Today the boys and I went up to the Military Museum and in the afternoon we read A Poppy is to Remember.
I can't even read the book in my head without tearing up so I knew it was coming when I read it with the boys. This in turn became a natural progression into how a lot of people gave their lives for us to have the quality of life we have today, and how it's sad when people die and that's why I was crying.

And as I'm trying to get a grip JT says I'm proud of Papa for being a soldier too. Bring on the Kleenex!
(Not a great pic but the only one I could find already scanned. Looks like a rainy day)


And just for a laugh and because JT thought this picture was so funny:


Although I'm not sure what's funnier the boob apron or my ugly cupboards from our old house. We actually painted them that colour on purpose too....
I hope everyone took some time today to remember the important things in their lives.

1 comment:

Alberta said...

November 11, 1995 Syria

Yes JT, we are all very proud of Papa!