Monday, November 17, 2008

Food prices are still on the rise

I knew it was happening but until tonight when I actually paid attention to the prices I didn't realize how high.

So, for snack tomorrow we're having muffins. I considered cheating and taking the easy way out until I seen the price of 8 store made muffins. $4.99
So I thought I'd just take the second easiest way out and buy the muffin mix. $5.19

So, I made the decision that tomorrow we're baking muffins in the morning from scratch. I bought some cranberries tonight for my cookie exchange bake-a-thon tomorrow night so we'll be having some version of cranberry muffins for snack tomorrow.

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Its crazy isn't it? I almost fell over due to the price of broccoli recently. Can we all live a healthy life on cheap old bologna, hotdogs and potatoes? Ugh! My husband would LOVE that!:)
Your muffins look yummy. I have a banana cranberry recipe which sounds wacko but is truly super!

Anonymous said...

Muffins look great!

Lucie said...

I made cornbread on the weekend, haven't had it for a long time. I had to use whole wheat flour as we are out of the white stuff, but it turned out pretty good. The fat-free, sugar-free mufrecipe I tried was a disaster, YUK