Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cottage cheese + fruit = a mouthful of weirdness




I like to try new things.


Okay, that's a lie. I stick to what I know I like and rarely venture to new flavours or combinations. I'm the complete opposite of my friend Michelle who had to explain to me what tar tar meant (or tartar, I'm not even sure) and I couldn't believe she actually ate raw meat and liked it. Just seemed so wrong to me.


Anyhoo, I decided to try something new that's healthy. I bought these a week ago and it took this long to psych myself up to actually try it. It wasn't pretty. I was expecting chunks of fresh strawberries as opposed to the strawberry jamlike substance sitting on the bottom.


Not good.


Then I asked my friend Janine if she's tried this gawd-awful combination and uh, yeah she has and uh, yeah she likes it. It's a good source of protein.


Hmm...maybe I need to get over the initial shock of weird flavours and try again.


In the meantime I'll stick to yogurt and fruit.

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Yeah, I tried that stuff when I was pregnant trying to be healthy and all. Didn't work. Texture I think. Now Activia...it's well loved at our house. My husband says the vanilla for him is like crack and my W...well we have to hide it as he tends to eat them all while I'm putting the babe to bed. A whole box of individual's. Lined 'em up so nice on the table when he was done.
So now we're on an Activia hiatus.

Anonymous said...

I have tried it before as well and couldn't get past the first mouthful. I ended up giveing the rest od the case to a co-worker who liked it... I like cottage cheese, I like fruit bottom yogurt, but I don't like them combined!
Kris(ta).

Alberta said...

Yum...Activia! Thanks for saving me from an unpleasant experience.