Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Is it rude to bring my iPod?




I've signed up for a workshop at Christine's and none of my friends are coming with me. We're making advent calendar's which look really cool and can be re-used each year. Yeah no more waxy chocolate ones from Wallyworld! Although I make fun of the taste I still enjoy the thrill of that little square of imitation chocolate while we countdown to Christmas.
Anyways, none of my friends are going and some of our regular classmates from Leanne and I's class are going to be there but we're not friendly. Not for lack of trying on our part but they're obviously a tight 5-some that are not interested in making new friends. Or being polite. But that's a whole other story.
So, is it socially not-acceptable for me to just bring my iPod and do my own thing and be ignored by these other people or do I sit there and just listen in and be ignored by these other people?
Is it okay to combat rudeness with more rudeness?
I joked about it tonight at stamping and some of the girls egged me on that I should just bring my iPod and enjoy my time while others said not to stoop their level of rudeness and be polite.
What to do, what to do.
Generally speaking I'm a crowd-pleaser. I like to entertain and try to make each person in my home welcome. So I can see that I'll just sit there quietly and making mental notes of stories to tell Leanne when she comes home from NS.
Next year could you please consult me before booking holidays...just kidding....kind of :oP

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Take your ipod, those girls may not even notice.

Jenn

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

i say take it with you...if they are nice, then leave it in your purse...but if not you could "remember" its ther and listen to it.

Mrs. M said...

hmmmm...take it. How is that much different than cell phones and the like? Isn't it a sort of honesty in submerssing yourself in your project rather than pretending to enjoy their company or snubbing?
I like heather's comment.

Mrs. M said...

hmmmm...take it. How is that much different than cell phones and the like? Isn't it a sort of honesty in submerssing yourself in your project rather than pretending to enjoy their company or snubbing?
I like heather's comment.