Monday, November 03, 2008

He's always kind of in the background but not tonight

This is me and Aaron, not sure when exactly but first pic I grabbed from the archives. Aaron can be very serious or very silly or anywheres inbetween.

We hosted an impromptu front porch party Halloween night and went out with friends Saturday night and on more than one occasion he heard someone say: "Les, I feel sorry for you"

It was all meant in fun but he actually did pause and wonder, "am I too intense sometimes?" Well, I reassured him that he most definitely is not.

Have you ever wondered how people perceive you? Do you even care what people think of you?

This is the first time I ever seen any doubt in his mind but I'm hear to tell you: We're the real deal. What you see is what you get. We really are that goofy and spontaneous and love being the life of the party sometimes...okay most of the time...

And here's a peek into the more softer side of Aaron. It goes back TWENTY FIVE YEARS! Here is Aaron's Recipe Book from when he was 8. Joey found it on the bookshelf tonight and started reading me the recipes.

It was priceless!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I hear you! People are just really quick to judge, but you and I both know what we've got at home:) You guys are so cute together, a perfect fit!

Alberta said...

And here I thought Aaron didn't have any childhood souvenirs! This is awesome! Glad there is a little something for your kids to see from your childhood.