Saturday, November 22, 2008

My punishment for being lazy and shopping online

is paying the hidden costs such as today's surprise.

$36.87 COD charge when I went to the post office to pick up an order of Christmas gifts....sigh....I knew it was too good to be true.

A neighbour sent me a friends and family coupon for a popular kids store and I could save 30% so I jumped at it. After ordering pajamas and a few outfits I saved $47.99 but when I subtract the $36.87 COD charge AND the $11.95 shipping charge I already paid I'm actually paying $0.83 MORE than my "savings". I should have just got off my butt and drove to the store where I may spend $2 in gas but my $47.99 in savings would have actually meant $47.99 in savings.

I have already fired off an email inquiring as to where it mentions COD charges in my order and how I'd go about returning everything. I'm so annoyed.

That's it. No more online shopping for me this season. I'm going to have to make a game plan and go fight the crowds.

I hate shopping.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I also love online shopping, but that damn shipping can be such a cost. I almost always check the shipping costs first.

Jenn