Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm a really good hider

I have a habit of hiding stuff. The bad thing is that I keep forgetting where my hiding places are.

For instance, Alex bought a stick with the claw at the end to grab stuff when we were in Banff this summer with Auntie Anne, Monica and Josh. Well that stick was freaking annoying. And not for the grabbiness but for the irritating sound it makes when it grabs.

One day I confiscated it and put it where Alex couldn't find it. Only I couldn't find it either for about 2 months. It turns out I put it in a dresser drawer in the guest room.

Today I was putting a book away in one of my dresser drawers and came across two Star Wars Woofs. What's a woof? Well a light saber of course. The dayhome kids have called them woofs since they started talking b/c of the sound and haven't switched over to light saber yet.

So, anyways there they were. After many weeks of searching my usual hiding places.

Maybe I need to come up with a better plan. Maybe I just need to put them away in plain sight and just not let the boys have them. My theory up to this point has been out of sight out of mind. I'll have to rethink that.

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Well...you aren't as bad as Clark Griswold!

Mrs. M said...

lol...love the Griswold comparison!
My sister does that too....only it's been important things like the wallets & such.

Mrs. M said...

PS: The top of the fridge is our hiding graveyard for things.