Friday, June 15, 2007

4 Year Meme

Four new things I have learned or experienced in the past four years and would like to learn or experience in the next four years is the Meme from Jenn. I'm having a little difficulty with this one so I'm going to customize it just a wee bit and do a glimpse of four things that are important to me four years ago, now, and four years from now.

June 15, 2003
Family
I'd been married to Aaron for 4 years and we'd already had Joseph who was 18 months old and I was 7 months pregnant with Alex.
Friends
I had very few close friends, and nights out were almost unheard of. It was pretty hard finding a balance between working, spending time with the family and the pregnancy hormones counts as a wild card in any and everything.
Career
I was working at Albert Park Elementary. Primarily as librarian but was also the Computer Tech, School Assistant, some ESL and some Early Literacy stuff. I loved my work and couldn't imagine not going back after my maternity leave was up.
Myself
I was 25 and pregnant - not much else to say about that....oh wait, I also had a super hormonal moment and cut off all my hair, and had massive roots because I didn't want to use hairdye while preg. Not a good look for me! I was driving a green Ford Windstar - I'm cringing just thinking about it!

June 15, 2007
Family
Aaron and I have been married for 8 years and are just rediscovering what Date Night is all about. We've got a fabulous babysitter that our kids are crazy over so we never feel guilty about our time alone because we know the kids are having just as much fun. Joseph is 5 1/2 and just finishing Kindergarten and Alex is almost 4 but acts like he's 12 most days. As a family, we spend a lot of time together. Aaron tries to volunteer at Joseph's school on his weekdays off. We visit with family a lot and just last summer we took our first big holiday to the Maritimes which we still talk about like it was last week.
Friends
I seem to have a lot of friends. Friends in the neighbourhood, friends from high school, random friends from the wonderful world of blogging. I'm not sure what's changed - I'm still the same person I was 4 years ago...I love my friends and my girls night out Aaron's just starting to hang out with friends on a more regular basis, he's got hockey once a week and he's got his UFC fan club that keeps growing and growing

Career
I have operated my dayhome for over three years now and I'm still lovin' it. That's something I totally didn't see happening but it was awesome the way it evolved from helping out by watching a cousin's daughter into an awesome home business. I also do some volunteer work mostly with the neighbourhood dayhome registry.
Myself
I'm 29 now...sigh...last year of being 20-something. I'm halfway back to my pre-preg body. We've been waffling with the idea of more babes, some days I want another one and some days I have my hands full with my two boys that I can't imagine adding another into the mix. Now I'm driving a silver Ford Windstar when I'm on Mommy Duties and when I'm off duty I'm driving my white convertible Mustang. WOOT WOOT! I've also gone for some trendier lo-lites and hi-lites.

June 15, 2011
Family
I will be married for 12 years and hopefully have a 10 year anniversary trip to somewhere hot to write about, lol! Joseph will be 9 1/2 and in grade 3 (yes I mean grade 3 and not grade 4 but that's a whole different blog) , Alex will be finishing up grade 2. I'm hoping we'll be doing fabulous family holidays each summer. I love to travel , not necessarily out of the country, I'd love to go to Victoria and Aaron would love to go back to PEI (he still can't get over the glass bottles of everything and red sand) We may or may not be a family of five by then...only time can tell with that one!
Friends
I'm hoping I'll still have this close circle of friends that I've got now as well as the outer ring of girlfriends that I don't see often but still love to chat with, email and go out with for ladies nights. I could see Aaron will have a monthly poker night much like my monthly Bunco night. Fair enough, right?
Career
Right now I could see that I'll still be running my dayhome business but I'd also like to get more involved in awareness of cervical cancer and HPV. I'm not sure in what capacity whether it's volunteer work, fundraising or just talking about but I think it's something that's not talked about enough (that's also something for it's own blog...)
Myself
I will be 33...ugh...I can't imagine what that'll be like. Actually I'm sure it'll be much like it is now. My goal is to be back to my pre-baby size or closer to it anyways. I am pretty certain that I'll be sporting a new tattoo by then and perhaps even another piercing.

Now I'm going to tag four people:
1. Natalie
2. Tina
3. My Mom
4. Jen

4 comments:

Alberta said...

Gee thanks Lesley! This is going to take some thought so don't expect anything posted before Monday.

So it's 4 things today, 4 years ago and 4 years in the future?! Thought so...now where did I put my thinking cap?

Heather and Jeff and baby Jonathan said...

hey Mom....maybe your thinking cap is in the hot tub?!?!?!?

Blog said...

I like how you tweaked the meme! Very interesting.... And, EXCUSE ME!? I'm 32 right now (33 in September). So, EASY THERE, Girlie! ;)

Anonymous said...

[color=#336699]Great post! thank you for sharing this information. lifeatthebecks.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#336699]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]