Sunday, February 25, 2007

What a fun day!

Alex and Joseph in the bit of balls, Joseph is wearing the black hoodie and jeans standing in the background.
Aaron, Kalyna, Melissa and Michelle (throwing her head back laughing her ass off at our "sub")


We started our morning off with Let's Play with Cindy & Brooklyn and their friend (the birthday boy). It was alright there but the wait for food was 45 minutes and they were sold out of half of their menu. So, Plan B was to hit the McD's Playland for lunch and more playtime. Woo hoo! That tired out my boys enough that when we returned home for the rest of the afternoon they played quietly giving me some party prep time.

Bunco was quite a success! We had one person bail at the last minute so we had Winnie the Pooh step up to be our ghost player for the evening. I think we taught 4 new people how to play Bunco and they all seemed to enjoy themselves. It's a mindless dice rolling game but a lot of fun, you switch partners every round so it gives you a chance to talk to different people every time. Aaron even subbed for Heather when Jonathan was feeding, he said it's okay but I don't think he gets how fun it really is.
We started out with about 100 books/1 box full of magazines for the book swap and I only have about 60 books left and no magazines, woo hoo! That was a minor success, I cleaned off some shelves, got a few more new to me books and we'll donate the others to a charitable place.
Aaron's off work today,which I didn't realize until 11 o'clock last night so that was a nice surprise we'll be heading to the zoo shortly and Jonathan and Heather are coming over this afternoon for a visit and dinner.
Note to Mom:
My dream came true and I did indeed forget to serve the banana split cake last night! Guess what we're having for dessert tonight?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! So much fun you forgot about dessert!

Love the pix of your family & friends!

Unknown said...

So glad you had fun!! I canNOT believe you forgot dessert! How does one forget dessert! You must have been having a LOT of fun. That's the only explanation I can think of!

Cn'I have some of that split?? Pretty please?

Blog said...

Oops! I do this all the time. The above comment was from moi.... I'm on the hubby's computer... xo