Monday, February 12, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It's pretty cold here lately. It's currently -16 and heading down to -20 by nightfall. Brrrr! My boys are waking up in the middle of the night because they've kicked off their covers and are freezing. I must admit it's getting hard to jump out of bed in the morning when it's this cold.
Today was an average dayhome day, no major or minor or memorable incidents. Which is a good thing!
Kathryn's booked my first dress fitting for next week...why do I always wait to the last minute to try and lose a few pounds? Are all women like me or is this just me?
I've signed up for the Arbonne weight loss plan which I'll be starting next week. The whole Clean Eating thing hasn't been as successful as I would have liked.
Where do I buy quinoa? What does it taste like? And how the heck do I cook it?
Haley-O may need to leave some healthy eating tips for me! Help Help!

3 comments:

Jen, Paul and Daisy said...

I think I've had quinoa before, way back when I used to eat healthy. Isn't it sort of like couscous? I think it is considered a grain and you cook it like you do couscous. I only had it probably what I could count on one hand.

Let me know if you find any good recipes. I am trying to eat better now and lose some weight myself. I dusted off the old treadmill tonight...lol.

Jenn said...

Lesley,

My mom buys quinoa quite a bit, although I think she gets it from a specialty organic store. When I see you tommorrow I'll give you her e-mail address and she can let you know. She also has a recipie for some kind of berry cake that is quite good. Good Luck with your healthy eating!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

you can buy Quinoa at Safeway in the organic section.