Monday, February 26, 2007

Laser Hair Removal

Has anyone had this done in my circle of friends?

At my last visit to our family doctor I mentioned brazilian wax (more jokingly than anything, really) and he said that coincidentally his practise now includes cosmetic procedures such as laser hair removal, botox, photorejuvenating stuff...he's the total metrosexual. Even at Aaron's checkup he brought up the hair removal for Aaron's chest. I don't know, I think a bit of hair is kind of sexy. Definitely not the "nice sweater vest" look though! Remember Craig, Mom?!

So, now I'm reading up on the whole idea and am thinking about giving it a shot. The only downer is no hair removal for 4 weeks up to removal treatment or in between treatments. Can we say Afro? Yuck!

What do you guys think?

After one week of Arbonne diet I'm down one pound. Yeah! It's not much but if I stick with it maybe I'll keep it off. I should point out that the one pound weight loss was with little effort, and no significant increase in exercise. Tonight I hit the gym to kick it up a notch. Maybe by next Tuesday I'll be down two pounds. Now if only the shakes didn't taste like crap. Honestly, I can only choke it down if I chug it and don't breathe in while drinking. I'm not sure that made sense but whatevah!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I don't know about the shaving thing! Good luck with the dieting thing too! I love going to the gym, to bad I don't have more time!!!

Alberta said...

Now that was a nasty picture to put in my head - YUCK! 'Course my ex-boss also belong to that club!

As to the rest of the entry...ick...too much information!

Anonymous said...

instead of the ucky shakes why not just try Slim fast? they taste good
and some people think they work.
As for the whole laser treatment I really don't know anything about it.So good luck on that. Congrads on the weight loss. Your heading in the right direction keep up the good work.
Alli

Jenn said...

I would love to do the laser hair removal. I've heard it works best with people who have fair skin and dark hair. How much does your doctor's office charge?

Jenn

MelComeau said...

I would do it!! I go in to get waxed and you have to let the hair grow long enough to get it waxed off... I've been doing it for a while so it lasts longer and longer each time and the hair is very fine, but still, it's a pain to do... I'd rather just get it lasered off!