Thursday, December 21, 2006

THURSDAY THIRTEEN

Thirteen Things I Will and Will Not Cheap Out On

1 Toilet paper - no name, single ply should be banned from all public washrooms!
2 Makeup - I've recently discovered that the more expensive brand name stuff actually looks better and lasts longer...no more wet 'n wild for this girl, lol!
3 Skin care - since switching to the Usana stuff I've noticed my skin doesn't get as dry and I rarely have breakouts
4 Books - I have a library card and I know how to use it. I love to read and have often shared books with friends and family. I also buy lots of books at the second hand stores for 50 cents each bersus $10.99 cover price
5Haircuts - I generally just get a trim so a basic Ultracut will do. With salon shampoo/conditioner and a trim last month the grand total was $34.76
6 Ketchup - Heinz, there is no other kinds!
7 Diapers -that's a toughy! They all work basically the same but I find if you start out with the brand name ones then it's hard to switch to the cheaper ones. I always used both and would mix them up. For every 3 or 4 costco diaper I'd 'reward' myself with a Huggies one. I know it's really silly but whatever...both boys are out of diapers now!
8 Baking ingredients - I figure if they're all being mixed together then who'll know the difference. Butterscotch chipits are the exception to this rule!

9 Kitty litter - for the job it does, I'll pay the extra couple dollars for the super odour absorbing scoopable stuff!
10 Candles - I love to burn candles and I love Partylite!
11 Perfume - Thanks to Dad I'm well stocked with designer frangrances. Exclamation, Tribe andNavy are a little too overpowering I think. I'd rather have a few good ones that I use than a ton of so-so ones that just take up space in the cubby. White Diamonds made my wish list this year.
12 Pictures -we've had pictures done at Sears and WalMart. Although Wallyworld gives the best package price the colour just isn't very intense. So, we keep going back to the mid-range Sears. We've yet to go to a fancy studio yet. For the amount of pics we send out at Easter and Christmas I don't think we could afford their rates.
13 Recreational stuff -we have a family membership at the Leisure Centre and have done dance classes for Aaron and I , skating and swimming lessons for the boys. We'd rather the boys do stuff then watch TV so once they show the interest we just have to follow through. Although it seems to be more of a scheduling problem versus expense. They just don't offer enough evening classes during the week.

5 comments:

Alberta said...

Lesley...I have to agree with you on most points. I would have to add Tetley tea bags and subtract the makeup. My eyes are always red and icky looking, why would I emphasize that with a bad makeup application! And with progressives, I can't see well enough for anything finer than a quick slick of Chapstick! Pathetic, isn't it?!

Alli said...

I stared with the huggies then moved to the cheap diapers. I think they have a better picture one them as well as getting 84 for $21.00

Jenn said...

What is this WallyWorld you are always talking about?

Jenn

Nat said...

WallyWorld is Wal-mart

Anonymous said...

I had photos done at Wal MArt once and thought the colour wasn't great either. When I picked then up I asked them to return them and have them reprocessed. In 2 days they were back and looked 100% better!