Sunday, December 10, 2006

A busy weekend is coming to a close



Friday was a pseudo-relaxing day, Mom spent the day with me at the dayhome and then we did some shopping in the evening without the boys. Saturday we did lunch and Aaron and I went to a Christmas party hosted by a coworker and Sunday was the baby shower and I'm off to Cindy's cookie exchange very shortly.
The Christmas party was quiet and re-iterated that we'd like to host our own Christmas party next year. I like my parties to have 2 things: a theme and games. That, along with my spinach dip recipe, are the guaranteers of a good party. While some people may find the trivia or Name That Tune a little childish, I think of it as an ice breaker for the family and coworkers and friends and neighbours. It forces people to lighten up a bit and meet some new people.
You should try it sometime.
...And Heather was surprised at the Name That Kid Tune today, it was pretty funny. Although the title was usually given away in the first line, Baby Beluga, Fish and Chips and Vinegar - you get the idea, right? It was a successful shower, Michelle got to meet Heather's family and everyone got to see the big belly before it's no more. Mom will have to post the pics from the shower - there is one hilarious one of Heather and I!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the week end was a success. I really like the idea of the Name that Tune game as an ice breaker as well.
Krista.

Jenn said...

A great picture of you and Aaron

Alberta said...

Ahhh...if Lesley should ever decide to not do the dayhome, she could plan and run some very exciting house parties...maybe even a wedding in 2008! Think about it Les!
Love Mom