Monday, December 18, 2006

Garbage day is tomorrow

and although Aaron and I recycle milk jugs, paper, cardboard, glass and cans we still managed to put 8 bags of garbage at the alley for pickup. That seems a bit much and I'm always totally embarrassed that the neighbours will see me lugging all the trash out. Is it because of the dayhome kids? I figure at least 2 bags could probably be chalked up to diapers but really 6 bags of trash for a family of 4?! Maybe I need to buy jumbo garbage bags.

2 comments:

Alberta said...

We are only permitted 4 bags/week with 2 times a year up to 10 - post Christmas and spring clean up.

We also recycle, Free cycle, you name it and that helps a lot...most weeks we have 1 bag of kitchen type trash and 1 of assorted..cat box, household projects etc.

I find plastic bags are taking up a lot of room these days. Most only survive the initial grocery shopping trip, others have little holes in them so you can't really re-use them. I've gotten into taking my collaspable tote with me for veggies etc and lots of stuff I don't get bagged. Maybe we should all dig out those canvas totes that were popular 10 years ago and thing about going green!

Anonymous said...

Here in Toronto you are allowed only 8 bags every 2 weeks, with Recycling every 2 weeks but ever week we have a composting truck that comes by and picks up that. In there you are allowed to put in diapers.(Love It) I think all Citys big and Small should have that. So I use my plastic bags for that. Alli