Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ta daaaaa

(With the exception of Aaron) The Beck's are a bunch of freaking show-offs this morning.

Here's me avec my new jewellry gifted from my parents. Originally it was a large blue topaz with a katrillion diamonds around it but it really didn't fit well on my short fat fingers so when I went in for sizing I looked at some other styles and voila - one look at this bad boy and I was sold! It is SO me, and the only thing that could make this even better was that this ring had a matching necklace. How perfect is that?


And then there's Alex with his chocolate pudding pig painting. The day he came home from pre-school with it he grabbed the Batphone and was chatting with Nannie about it. ...Did I mention that the Batphone isn't plugged into the wall, hehe... So, I phoned Mom so Thing Two could actually talk to her and tell her all about it. So funny!


And then there's Joey and his Yu Gi Oh obsession. He collects the cards like crazy and draws them in his school journals, on any post it notes laying around, in the bathtub with tub crayons and in front of our house with sidewalk chalk. Anyways, he's been bugging us for a card holder that fits on his arm - apparently he's seen these on the show and on the Yu Gi Oh website but I can't find one anywheres. Okay that's only a half-truth, I found something online for $130 but come on, $130 is a bit much. So, in the mean time Thing One's been using his lego's to custom build one. I'm so proud!

I really should save this next topic for a whole different post but I'm on a roll with Blogger and picture uploading so I don't want to jinx anything...

Grocery prices are going through the effing roof! I shouldn't be BUT I am totally shocked everytime I go shopping and have to weed through the crappy fruits and veggies and still get charged outrageous prices.

SO, Aaron and I have decided to rent a garden plot outside the city and grow our own.

Stop. Laughing. Tina. It's. Not. THAT. Funny!

Or, is it?

Me? Gardening? I don't really see it happening either. BUT the prices we're paying right now are retarded. Enter. My frugality. Doesn't happen often. More to come on this topic after I find our garden plot - could be an interesting summer...

4 comments:

Alberta said...

Where are you gardening? In the greater Cowtown area...or is it more in my neck of the woods?

Love the artwork...Alex did a great job. Joey's creation looks functional and it won't easily be misplaced.

The ring looks pretty...I tried to click on the photo and enlarge it but maybe I have to save it first.

Hope your weather is as nice as ours is! Enjoy the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Nice ring my dear, you pose better than a Price Is Right Model.....heehee. I am with you on the gardening, my green thumb is more of a rusty colour. I would love to garden, but neither have the time or the inclination. Oh well. Looks like you've got a budding artist on your hands :)

Tina said...

I wasn't laughing that hard but i will need a pic of you gardening for my collection :P

Tracy DeLuca said...

If I can garden, you can garden. Really. I kille things. So far, my veggie patch is going strong!